Which laundry detergent do you use?

by asilentone 23 Replies latest jw friends

• asilentone
    asilentone

Which ones do you recommend? Which ones that you do not recommend? Many Thanks!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I use Tide for high efficiency washers.

W

• asilentone
    asilentone

Which scents do you like?

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Are you washing tennis shoes again?

Maybe you could just grow a Buddha soap tree in the back yard.

Fortunately, there's a safer alternative. This alternative comes in the form of "soap berries" which are derived from the Chinese Soapberry tree species closely related to the Bodhi Tree. (the tree the Buddha sat under while meditating).

This tree that produces the soap berry is grown without pesticides or other toxic chemicals and provides work and a livelihood for farmers living in Indonesia, India, and Taiwan. The soap berry or soap nut is the dried fruit derived from the Chinese Soapberry tree which has been shown to release a natural surfactant when dampened. It's this surfactant that's so effective in getting clothes clean naturally. The soap berries actually foam up when wet and reportedly does an excellent job of cleaning clothes without added fragrances, dyes, or chemicals. Soap berries have even been used medicinally in other countries and are an ingredient in a variety of Ayurvedic shampoos and cleansers.

• asilentone
    asilentone

cameo, it has nothing to do with washing my shoes. LOL! Lately, there are so many detergents and scents at Super Wal Mart, sometimes I have hard time figuring out which ones I like the best.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Cameo, I might try the soap berries, thanks for the suggestion.

• yknot
    yknot

LOL.... 70's Armageddon survival left mentality...

We make our own.

Yeah I am serious.

2 bars of plain Ivory grated finely.

2cups Arm & Hammer Washing soda

2cups Borax laundry boost

Throw into a container and shake until well mixed.

Depending on how dirty your clothes (1TBSP to 3TBSP).

Plain white vinegar in the rinse cycle for softness.

If you want fragrance you can add it to the final rince cycle or make up a 'wrinkle release' solution yourself with fragrance of choice.

I am an ironing freak, I have wrinkle release solution for each family member with their own fragrance made from cologne to essential oils.

Crazy stuff you learn from attending the KH....right

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Lately, there are so many detergents and scents at Super Wal Mart, sometimes I have hard time figuring out which ones I like the best.

I use Oxi-magic for pre-treating stains and for collars.

I use arm and hammer liquid detergent. It's cheap. It's soap. It cleans.

The absolute worst stuff I have tried is Sun detergent. It stinks.

Most scented soaps make me sneeze and have such a harsh smell. I hate anything lemon.

The only time I use anything scented would be like a dryer fluff sheet...like bounce or snuggle. I don't use dryer very often. Hardly ever.

• blondie
    blondie

CheerFree....I have tender skin

• crapola
    crapola

Gain,,,,, smells great!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit