beards are from satan!

by Adrianoblue 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Wait a second, if man was made in god's image than god too has a beard

Oh man this is confusing

And why is it that god created man to have a beard and yet it is claimed by the JWS

that it is unclean and unchristian behavior ?

How insulting is that to god !

Someone going to get an ass whooping come judgment day !

• Hobo Ken
    Hobo Ken

Maybe the mark of the beast will be having a beard and all the "faithful" dubs will be easily distinguished from those by their smooth Roman faces...

Obviously women are second class citizens anyway so they wouldn't count...

H.K.

• ziddina
    ziddina

HaW! Good one, HoboKen! And here I was just about to point out that Paul had Roman citizenship, and was OBVIOUSLY influenced by those licentious, frisky Roman Pagans!!

Frolicking with Pan and the nymphs with flowers in my hair... Ziddina

• Hobo Ken
    Hobo Ken

@ ziddina

Lol ,Paul didn't like the women doing much in the congo eh? The wts love the man. They probably follow his teachings more the Jesus.

What about a new book coming out in honour of him? Say......"The greatest lawyer who ever lived" .There could be a chapter which shows how Rutherford was the "greater Paul".....

As a post script the women will be recognized at that time by their head-coverings and refusal to wear trousers. You can almost see the K.M. article.

H.K.

• longlineryder
    longlineryder

How many of you have the background in the JW religion going back to prior to the "Truth " book when it was first released in the late 1960s?... Prior to that, Adam and Jesus were both depicted as having NO facial hair..... I recall my mother stating as if it was scriptural fact that facial hair IS A SIGN of human imperfection! When the "Truth" book was released, I recall her first comments were that she could NEVER accept that either Adam OR Jesus had beards..... and that this sends a terrible message to young people in the organization..... etc..... I challenged her on her opinions but she remainede adamant that it was FACT...... well..... she and a LOT of her relatives were that opinionated..... and 40 years later, I still QUESTION what is stated as fact but I do not see written in the Bible (call it the Borean Clause).... to this day, I wear A TRIMMED GOATEE..... now..... on this topic..... my son-in-law tells me that at his congregation, they forbade the shaving of our (men's) heads..... because it could scare old widows who remember Nazi skinheads and be fearful if a shaved headed witness called on one of them.... in a city 500 miles away though, the shaving of ones head is still completely acceptable..... so is it Gods word or the opinions of men being substituted for the truth?

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

the no-beard-in-the-name-of-god rules irritate me to no end.

• Strider Arekksu
    Strider Arekksu

Sure this isn't just a cultural thing? My freinds father goes to the Middle East and there it is customary to have a beard, the longer it is the more respect you have, it was that way at the meetings there to I'm assuming. I don't know what it is but it seems like the organization outside of America and Europe aren't as nutty... I wonder why...

• heathen
    heathen

Some good points being made about beards. God and christ are both seen as having beards in heaven even , the WTBTS depicts all angels as having beards where as I don't recall seeing any pics of the devil with a beard . I think the hair situation was more about being separate from the world but the apostle Paul tried to say that only women could have long hair but in the mosaic law the rite of the nazarite was to not cut his hair unless in morning or toward the end of his term .

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

This may sound weird but I like looking at a little bit of a beard on men, I think it makes them look sophisticated.

Clean shaven faces are just not as interesting to look at.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

When Rutherford took over from Russel..He wanted to wipe out any trace of Russels leadership.....Russel wore a beard.......Rutherford made beards unacceptable in Watchtower World..........................OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit