What to do with left over memorial emblems

by Mattieu 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I took a bag of the bread home once. It was made by an elder in the hall who was a baker. It was hard as hell, and thick. I took a bite of one and a corner of the wafer stuck so deep into the roof of my mouth I had to pull it out with pliars. And no, I'm not kidding. It hurt like bloody hell.

W

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Why don't you all put those damn crackers in soup? Surely that's the only place they'll work.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Why don't you all put those damn crackers in soup?

Yeah, just make sure you let them soak for an hour before eating.

W

• POs Son
    POs Son

Our cong always dumped the wine that had been passed in the glasses, but the leftover in the bottle was sent home with whomever brought it. According to the elders, the stuff that was prayed over in the memorial had been sanctified and it would be wrong for any non-anointed to consume it, even after the service.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

FF: I took a bite of one and a corner of the wafer stuck so deep into the roof of my mouth I had to pull it out with pliars. And no, I'm not kidding. It hurt like bloody hell.

Well, you were warned that it would be to your own demise!

guess it still holds up after the service.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

The wine is almost always cheap, except the one year I got to pick it out () and the "bread" is nothing but crackers without the salt. Big deal.

Too bad they couldn't figure out to mix in some lamb, with a side of horseradish, in this thing.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Drinking it in the back school, yup I remember those days.

Isaac

• avishai
    avishai

Crumble up the crackers and make matzo ball soup! I remember in the 1970's seeing my folks and their friends drinking the wine afterwards, freaking out ( i was 5) until it was explained that it had served it's purpose. Then they gave us some of the crackers w/ pb&j. Then my buddy and I went and played Evel Knievel.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

No wine ever got chucked out when my father had control of the bottle.

The bread got nibbled at, but it was as tough as an old boot even if you dunked it in the wine, so Christ's body usually was finished off by our chickens.

Cheers

Chris

• Purza
    Purza

I guess I was in one of those "special" elder families. My dad would bring it all home and he would imbibe the wine and the rest of us ate the unleavned crackers. Actually, crackers would have been better than what the anointed get to eat. The reasoning was -- the memorial was over and the emblems no longer meant anything. Whatever.

Purza

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit