I wish I was Stronger

by apocryphal22 36 Replies latest jw friends

• apocryphal22
    apocryphal22

But I’m not. I have lost everything.

I am a third generation JW on both sides of my family. All of my family is in full time service, Pioneers, Elders, CO’s, International Construction, Anointed and GB. The one not in full time service started Co-Hi.

But I’m dead to them. I’m too old to start over.

• Warlock
    Warlock

So you are saying you are so weak you only had the strength to type the title of your thread?

Warlock

• apocryphal22
    apocryphal22

Perhaps. But there is something worse than being DF or DA, or even Apostate, there is the 4th option. When you’re simply erased as an embarrassment.

• The Berean
    The Berean

Do you go up and down ... sometimes not feeling so needy and others at your end?

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Ha ha warlock is funny!

Your NEVER to young! Stop being a pussy...

• hubert
    hubert

Start a hobby.

Join a club.

Find new "worldly" friends. It's never too late.

edited to add: Move to a new neighborhood, city/state, if you can.

Hubert

• Open mind
    Open mind

A few more details would be good.

• megawatt
    megawatt

How old are ya? 50, 60? *gulp*70?

If not, suck it up. You're as old as you wanna be.

"When you're erased as an embarrasement"? Is that how you feel? Listen, you made the decision to wake up. Don't know any other way to say it and I know it sound cliche, but it's thier loss.

It's time to move to another city or state.

• yknot
    yknot

But you are not really dead are you?

On the contrary you are very much alive and feeling all sorts of things.

To old- pish/posh

Small steps, one foot in front of the other. (Rome wasn't built in a day)

Make a list of things you dreamt about but never dared to consider doing....

Walk in the grass barefoot, smell the roses and blow some bubbles.

Hit the gym and boost your seratonin levels while building confidence.

Volunteer your time locally, giving of yourself leads to recieving from others.

Keep posting

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

You are not alone. Keep that in mind. I feel the same way a lot of the time. I wish I had the courage to speak my mind and not care about the consequences. But you can't live life beating yourself up all the time. Start small. Keep going. I have to live with the belief that it will get better. That's one of the great things about this site. You learn about others who are going through the same thing. And from that comes strength.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit