Hi im New around here

by Ian99000310 48 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

ian,

This is not the appropriate place to preach.

This forum is full of people who have been terribly harmed by religion.

• Ian99000310
    Ian99000310

Im not preaching... if it appears as so then i apologise

I was trying to question the doctrine

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Ian,

If you're here questioning the doctrine, you're preaching to the choir. We don't believe the doctrines. We're ex-JWs, with few exceptions.

-LWT

• Ian99000310
    Ian99000310

ah

but some of the JW way of life is good the way of life the unity the no exceptions

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Ian, Welcome !

I'll just add a couple of rather simple things to what has already been mentioned.

First of all, if you want to be involved with the JWs you will have to discard the gospel of St Thomas. They will tell you that it is all rubbish. You will also have to get rid of any ideas you got from the Quaran or any other non-Watchtower Corporation published book... yes, they may occasionally make reference to other Bible translations, but you will be instructed that their New World Translation is the ONLY ACCURATE Bible. Ask them what and where the Kingdom is. You will have to believe and be prepared to repeat exactly what they tell you. Forget anything else you previously heard or believed about the Kingdom.

Second, you will have to believe that Jehovah and Jesus will, very soon, slaughter every man, woman, and child that is not a Jehovah's Witness. Yes, all six billion of earths inhabitants, except for the nearly 7 million JWs will be destroyed very soon. And if you pay very close attention, every JW is threatened that they too will be destroyed if they don't preach and recruit enthusiastically.

Yes, most JWs are very nice people, loving, and lovely. And they'd better be that way, or Jehovah will kill them and have the birds eat their rotting corpses.

B the X

• sacolton
    sacolton

I've never known anyone so in favor of the Jehovah's Witness lifestyle and yet know so very little about their background, doctrines or the history of the organization. I guess it's true when they say "ignorance is bliss". What part of being a Jehovah's Witness that is "good"? The hive-mind mentality? The conditional friendships? The never-ending door knocking to push their theocratic propaganda?

• Colton
    Colton

bttt

• still_in74
    still_in74

Still_in 74
    so because i come freely in the forum to discuss my life and my beliefs i become an apostate? - according to the WTS, yes. (not my opinion) Let me ask you this
    " If god Appeared to you as angel would you shun him?" - No I dont believe I would
    "If god spoke with you would you turn away your ear" - No I dont believe I would
    Im here to be accepted but my own dealings wth god are my own...
    as are yours... - as am I . I agree 100%.

I think you misunderstood my comment, that was not me judging you, I was merely stating the position of a JW and the WTS. I am definitely considered an apostate by the WTS even though the extent of my antagonism against the WTS is limited to this site.

According to the WTS if you disagree with them you are to pray about it and "talk" to the elders. If you still dont agree, and they dont DF you at that point, you are to keep your opinion to yourself and "wait" on Jehovah. If you express that opinion you will be disfellowshipped for either apostasy and/or causing devisions.

I believe all should be accepted for their own beliefs, the WTS however says its their way or the everlasting-death-way

• still_in74
    still_in74

you will have to believe that Jehovah and Jesus will, very soon, slaughter every man, woman, and child that is not a Jehovah's Witness. Yes, all six billion of earths inhabitants, except for the nearly 7 million JWs will be destroyed very soon. And if you pay very close attention, every JW is threatened that they too will be destroyed if they don't preach and recruit enthusiastically.

very will put BX. so simple yet so true and SCREAMS "CULT!" "CULT!" "CULT!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit