Can I bring my own stuff to the memorial?

by outofthebox 45 Replies latest jw friends

• hubert
    hubert

IMPORTANT QUESTION.......

What time does the memorial start? I really need to know.

Thanks

edited to add: Is it tonight for all j.w.'s? ...... in (U.S.)

Hubert

• loosie
    loosie

These little packages are really portable.. they can fit into a suit coat pocket.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

or a Lunchable in a bookbag

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

You could try, but I bet Brother Hounder is going to make you get rid of it, just like they do with gum in first grade. You are supposed to obey Theocraptic Arrangement and use the stale crackers and spoiled grape juice that they supply.

Of course, I would recommend something like a 2-liter bottle of Diet Coke and some mentos. You open the bottle of Coke (it has to be diet Coke--regular will not work, and Pepsi doesn't seem to be as good). This works best if the Coke is warm. Put the mentos in the bottle and aim it for the platform, and watch the mess it will make. You could also aim it for the "brother" that is trying to pass the plate of stale crackers, with the aim of having the crackers on the floor and the plate busted. Do not offer to clean up the mess or pay for it--that's their problem.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter
    One hall I went to was so damn cheap they used home made wine that a brother provided (it was his hobby...one that we wasn't too good at) and a sister made the crackers/bread.

That ought to dissuade any would-be partakers!

Bring vicodin instead. How else can you survive a meeting?

• saltyoldlady
    saltyoldlady

Have to tell you a funny experience I had one time - they passed the bread but it was in BIG pieces. I thought oh help - if I take one then I will have to eat all of it and it will take me all night - plus it was the homemade type - tough as a board. Well I put the plate down on my lap - could see everybody looking at me with that "what is she going to do?" expression of alarm and horror - it was bad enough I dared to partake - now I go against all protocol and break the break for myself - and it was so tough I almost needed a sledge hammer to break it up - took both hands and a lot of muscle to get myself a small piece and there was no way I could chew it - I had to gum it to death until it finally softened - the wine doesn't get around for a long time after we get the bread so it didn't help much except to swallow the doughy wad eventually. The next year I convinced them to get the commercial kosher style wafers. Big improvement! LOL.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I always wondered why they just didn't use a tortilla. It's basically unleavened bread. I remember my mom made the bread for the Memorial once when I was little from some Middle Eastern recipe. I remember is being very dry and equally flavorless.

• ziddina
    ziddina

When's the "memorial" this year???

Is it time to "bump" all the humorous "memorial" threads, yet???

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Just bring one of these:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit