1000 years is 1 day to God....what would right RIGHT NOW possibly be on his scale?

by lurk3r 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

lurk3r asked,

...Could you take a stab at explaining?

I could, maybe, but I have to offer my standard prefatory disclaimer first: I am an atheist. I do not believe in the existence of a spirit realm populated with any sort of creatures. No God, no angels, no devils, no souls, no ghosts.

Time is a characteristic of the physical world. Since there isn't a Creator, time, like everything else, was not created.

I'm a finite human being with limited experience and knowledge. Therefore I cannot explain how time and the universe came into being, so I shall not try. This makes me infinitely more honest than those social parasites who claim that they have special knowledge of "the world beyond" and are therefore qualified to tell you how to live your life.

That's probably not the answer you had hoped for, but it is the best I can offer.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

1. Last August?
    2. 'Right now' would still be right now - it would just go faster than we can even say 'right now.'
    3. You would first have to ask - what do we mortals mean when we say 'right now?' This year, this era, this week, this month, this generation, this minute? Answer that question and it is then a matter of mathematics - 1000 X 365 X 24 X 60, etc.
  • cameo-d
    cameo-d

I would say that god is still in his 7th day and is sleeping.

If he wakes up, he will probably hit the snooze button.

Unless he sees his shadow.....we may have already heard the last from him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit