Does the rapid end of paper news forbode a crisis for the WT?

by jamiebowers 41 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    I wish I could chat more, but I have to go get ready for the memorial!

Be sure to drop some cash into the Worldwide Work box. We don't want them running out of money.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Be sure to drop some cash into the Worldwide Work box. We don't want them running out of money.

What the fuck is that supposed to mean? You think i support them or something?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Dude, the smiley face means I'm kidding.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Here is the problem as I see it. With the demise of so many print journals more and more people will be going online for their various news. The WT loved to point to news articles and current events. By so many of these being online it will cause people while online (perhaps) to cross reference there info.

Imagine dubs and potential dub studies online looking up and cross-referencing their material?

• diamondiiz
  • leavingwt
    leavingwt

The first link did not work for me.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Dude, the smiley face means I'm kidding.

Oh. Sorry about that. I guess I thought you were being sarcastic. Love Internet communication!

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Leavingwt - hmm...wierd it didn't work for you, you can try them again

ok try it this way:

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/ebci/haip/srch/sec/SrchLogin-e?login=true&searchType=Registered

2. under "Charity Name:" enter

watch tower

3. click onthe "page icon" on bottom right under "return" heading

4. from here you should be able to pick any year from 2008 to 2000 for their tax filings.

from the main site you can search "jehovah" and it will give you listings for all the congregations and circuits of JWs and from there you follow steps 2-4 to get the individual returns for whatever congregations or assembly hall or whatever you want info on. Hopefully this works. I tried the first link and the first time it didn't work but the second time it worked so I don't know why it does that.

Anyone with any similar links to countries besides Canada please make them available. TIA

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

That worked, thank you.

One highlight, in 2008, they earned more than $2 million via Interest & Investment. Not bad.

-LWT

• Roddy
    Roddy

It would be hard to see the end of paper... I for example would not like to blow my nose on a computer motherboard, nor use it as hygenic tissue, but that's a different story. It does seem that there's newspapers local and national and also magazine publishers that are going bankrupt and going out of business. Do you think that the WT can change to new media? The recent move to MP3 only CDs, the use of DVDs, the new websites for the Society. Are they hints as to how the WTB&TS may be "evolving"?

What do you think?

It would spell a great paradigm shift. That means the rank and file will not have literature to distribute.

Or, let me guess, there will be a big push for the rank and file to get their own color printers and print PDFs off a secret JW only website for tract and magazine distribution on the weekends? (Well, why not further exploit the free labor?)

The WTS has been slow - very slow - in distributing anything that is not run off from their facilities.

You can guilt-trip people into giving some sort of money for the paper (magazines, books, brochures, etc.) materials and the non-paper (audio cassettes, video cassettes, CDs, DVDs, etc.), but I wonder how you can make people give money over that you can freely pull off their official website?

I think one day they will have to offer their paper and non-paper offerings for a price, and pay the required taxes for it. Caesar is broke. So if you want your garbage collected and your roads not worse than they are now, pay off Caesar their unfair share and you can keep the rest of the money.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit