Special Post: 1 year anniversary on JWN - My intro finally posted

by Awakened at Gilead 50 Replies latest jw experiences

• Balsam
    Balsam

Loved what you said :

Within hours, I was on the internet, seeking out like minded people, wondering if anyone else felt like I did. To my amazement I was not alone. Thousands of people have been disenfranchised and scarred by their experience as Jehovah’s Witnesses, who are not the most loving people on the earth, especially if you dare to disagree with them. If any doubting JW is reading this story, take heart. There are thousands, yes millions of people outside the JW organization, who will respect you and love you, not because you robotically share the same enforced beliefs, but because of a shared sense of humanity. While I spent my first 37 years of life as a JW I am not bitter. I am resolved to spend the rest of my life in ways that help my fellowman, not by insisting that people adopt my beliefs, but by genuinely caring for others, and doing what I can to help people. I've been out for 8 years now and I feel the same way, yes I hope all JW searching will read your story "Awakened at Gilead" nice, thanks for sharing that with us. Ruth

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Ruth,

I felt so alone for years, thinking I was crazy. Well, I had been, when I was a JW. I am sane now, LOL

Lance

• LUKEWARM
    LUKEWARM

Wow, did not realise this was taught at Gillead - do you have some of the textbooks used for this?

It turned out that every event in the Hebrew Scriptures was just a foreshadowing of the modern day history of the Watchtower organization. Job's comforters? False religionists attacking the anointed. The 10 plagues? This occurred to show how the work that Jehovah's people did since 1914 caused plagues to occur ion modern day Egypt (the world) in a spiritual sense. Noah and his unnamed wife? Jesus and the anointed remnant. Samson? The anointed remnant. Elijah? The anointed in the time of Russell / Rutherford. Elisha? The anointed in the time of Knorr since 1942. Isaiah? The anointed. Jeremiah? The anointed. Daniel? The anointed. Behemoth? God's organization. Leviathan? Satan's evil organization. Israelites leaving Egypt? The anointed. Vast mixed company? The great crowd. Get the picture?Incredible how the whole Bible has a secondary fulfilment and reflects something greater especially the JW events after 1919!

Loved this bit

If Jehovah's Witnesses based their entire belief system on the Bible, and nothing else, then wouldn't it be easier to preach to those who had an intimate knowledge of the Bible? Would they be more attracted to the "truth"? Unless, the thought came to me again, that perhaps we didn't have the truth after all. Thanks 4 posting your story

• besty
    besty

There 8 criteria for identifying an organisation as totalitarian and practicing thought reform according to Lifton - number 2 is....

Mystical Manipulation. There is manipulation of experiences that appear spontaneous but in fact were planned and orchestrated by the group or its leaders in order to demonstrate divine authority or spiritual advancement or some special gift or talent that will then allow the leader to reinterpret events, scripture, and experiences as he or she wishes.

Interesting that it's only when a member gets to the highest levels inside the JW authority structure that this information is revealed....

• gettingafirmholdonthereallife
    gettingafirmholdonthereallife

Awakened at Gilead...

I hope I don't bring up a painful subject, but...

What result did your leaving the "truth" have on your marriage? Can you offer some advice on this issue?

My biggest concern is preserving my family. Wife of 9 years, 3 yo son, 6 mo son.

So much of what you wrote rang true with my story, though I never reached the heights of zeal that you did.

Thank you Awakened at Gilead!

-Getting a firm hold on the real life

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

I got divorced.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/members/private/163884/1/Update-on-my-life-coming-full-circle

I am now re-married to an ExJW.

Of course, I don't have kids, so the decision was easier. There are plenty of people who ahve kids, and who have helped their spouses out too. Try looking at poster "Robert7" for example, his wife is "NewLight4U".

Also, please check out my video series on YouTube, user "ExGileadMissionary" if you haven't seen them yet.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I enjoyed you story. Thanks for sharing it with us. YOu mention about all the doubts you had and tucked all away. I think that many many Jw have similar doubts but somehow put them aside hoping that at some point these will be cleared up.

I can remember discussing and disagreeing with things the society would write with my pioneer partner, but then we would say "oh well, Jehovah will straighten things out".

For some people those doubts eventually will help them see the light. They did for me. My pioneer partner is still tucking them away.

• perfect1
    perfect1

Hi AAG!

I really want to read your story, but when I click on the link- it takes me to the generic free minds page- even searching your posts doesnt turn it up.

Any other way to get to your story-

THANKS!

• likeabird
    likeabird

I just got the same thing.

Go to People, Blogs and click on Gilead Grad's Guide

This is the link I get for that page:

http://www.freeminds.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=72&Itemid=599

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

thanks for the story - Oompa posted on this

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit