I'm so upset

by Newborn 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

You're not alone. My brother feels the same about me.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Just keep being nice....about a year ago me and my disfellowshiped Sister got back together and I apologised for shunning.

• blondie
    blondie

Newborn, I have a sibling who did not have anything to do with me when I was still a jw in good standing, an elder's wife. Sometimes it is more than the jw thing, they have a real personality deficit.

Blondie

• lonestar63
    lonestar63

Sorry for the pain and anger Newborn. I hope it gets better.

Lisa, your letter was painful for me to read. Your sister was right about one thing. We each have to make our own choices in life, and you made a great choice that took a lot of courage. I'm very lucky, my wife chose to take this journey with me, neither of us are DF'd, we were allowed to fade without a lynching, and her parents, and family in general, who are a bunch of zealots, all live across the country.

I wish you the best.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Newborn, I you enjoy sending her kind emails and she allows them the what of it? It is one sided and you have to realize that she is having her cake and eating it too. She isn't deprived of you, you are deprived of her. If you still feel comfortable dropping these little e-mails her way don't expect anything in return. If you want to write her a mean spirited one and confirm her feelings about your departure, just know it will feed the fire. If you want to kill with kindness carry on as before. You know the drill. I agree with Loubelle, you can and will move on. W.Once

• ziddina
    ziddina

I'm new here and not that familiar with the rules (plus I've almost used up all of my 'post allowance'...) but here is a website which may help you with your situation: http://www.freeminds.org/support/restoring-family/how-i-helped-my-family-leave-jehovahs-witnesses.html I don't know how to 'unlink' it so you can just copy it and paste it...

Anyway, speaking of your situation, here are a few options: you can attempt to get back into 'good' standing in the congregation, thereby regaining your sister's approval...

You can pretend to be repentant, and get back into 'good' standing with the congregation and your sister, then take the course that the man in the above link did...

Personally, I've become curious about the changes in the JW/WTBTS and am thinking about going back in - as a 'mole'. This would mean acting like a willing victim to the WTBTS 'mind control' while actually maintaining my independence (and hopefully sanity!) and taking notes, notes, notes and keeping records of what is actually going on with the Society and in the individual congregation. Who knows? I may catch a pedophile in the act. In which case the authorities would be the first ones to hear about it, you can bet!!

I'm especially curious about a "Questions to the Readers" in a February Watchtower (I think) that a fellow member of the ex-JW support group brought to our last support group meeting (his wife is still a JW). It was a question about eating fats. The WTBTS, in answering the question, apparently passed the edict that JWs are no longer allowed to eat FATS - at all!! My mind is still boggled about this one.

I sincerely hope that, if you are patient, gentle, and (appear!!) submissive, you can successfully raise questions in your sister's mind that will help her to also exit the religion.

HOW ABOUT IT, EVERYONE???? What was the crucial incident or incidents that caused you to question and ultimately leave the religion???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit