new guy

by outonalimb 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• outonalimb
    outonalimb

As a new guy, I would like to tell you a little about myself. I joined
    after lurking for several weeks. I feel like I know some of you already, at least your on-line personna, (which in most cases, I think
    are fairly accurate of the real person). I have made a couple of posts
    out of nowhere just to get my feet wet, and probably stepped on some toes, great entrance huh? My beliefs have been buried for 25 years, this board has awaken them.

I was raised a Lutheran, of German decent. 9 years in a Lutheran school formed most of my religous beliefs. Or at least that was the way it was supposed to be. Around the 5th grade I started to have doubts,(it actually correponds with my parents divorce)and would ask questions, challenge the teacher regarding the probability of the things we were being taught, how we only talk about the rainbows and happy stuff, while "gods people" are being slaughtered elsewhere in his name? It was not well recieved. Suddenly, what comes to mind, oh yeah, black sheep. The last 3 years were made most uncomfortable for me, in the late 60s physical punishment was still handed out rather freely. It made me sick, and I swore never to be like the hypocrites that were my "role models". Never gave god(s) much thought after I left that school. I find this board informative, thought provoking on a wide range of subjects, and sometimes most amusing. I think to see my thoughts and feelings transformed into written word for all to
    see, is a form of catharsis and somewhat empowering. It is good to
    think and feel again, anything! Thanks to all, and I look forward to
    future correspondence. BTW I work long and varied hours, (ah the joy
    of restaurant management) so if I don't respond promptly, don't take it personally.

mn

it is by reason alone that we can distinguish truth from falsehood....

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Welcome outonalimb. Hope you learn some good stuff here.

Andi

• LB
    LB

Welcome Out, don't worry about stepping on toes, your toes will get stepped on too. Happens a lot when you mix ex-jws. Some are angry, some are getting over it. Some want to have deep meaningful conversations and others like myself just want to enjoy myself. I hope you get what you need.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy limb,

Welcome to our neck of the web. I've seen a couple of your posts.

I feel like I know some of you already, at least your on-line personna, (which in most cases, I think are fairly accurate of the real person).
    That's how I feel too! Hope you stick around, and watch your toes. All-in-all, a terrific place.

waiting

• alliwannadoislive
    alliwannadoislive

hey outonalimb !

good to meet you - like you i am addicted to these folk :)

• Xena
    Xena

welcome welcome welcome!!!!

• ElijahTheThird
    ElijahTheThird

Hey there Outonalimb; Some times there are things inside us that all at once wake up.

One of my favorite sayings is concerning my trust (faith) that I have in what I have learned is this.
    Not only am I out on a limb, but at the very top limb, on the last branch, and on the last leaf, with just my little toe nail grasping the very edge of that leaf,,, dancing a jig!
    There's alot of info on this board. But bring a change of socks and rubber boots. *grins* a Welcome, from a newbie.

• ISP
    ISP

Hi and welcome! I am sure you will find some good friends here!

ISP

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

((((((((( outonalimb ))))))))

welcome to the board. Tho most here are ex-jw's, we have lots of JW's, non-jw's, and an ex mormon or two also. good to have you on board!!!

• GinnyTosken
    GinnyTosken

Hi, Outonalimb!

I'm curious--were you ever a JW? If not, how did you happen to find this discussion board?

Ginny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit