What GIVES JW's CONFIDENCE?

by african GB Member 13 Replies latest jw friends

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

All of us on this FORUM know that JW ORG is just another cultic group....

We all know how confident and sure they feel about their ORG being the only ONE recognised by god (Jehovah).

Can anyone tell us what's behind their arrogance?....HOLY SPIRIT?( WELL I KNOW THAT WILL BE THEIR ANSWER) I don't believe that because it can't be proven.

Don't tell us it's Jehovah.....

What gives the GB so much power to deceive so many people?

Sometimes I just wonder if maybe JW ORG is the TRUTH, perhaps I should just swallow my pride and go to the ELDERS and ask them to pray for me and get Jehovah's forgiveness and undeserved kindness.....

Am I being naive or what?

Please help me!!!!

african GB member

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

Do members of the GB deliberately brainwash the rank-and- file JW's, or are they really sure about what they teach?

african GB member

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Being brainwashed gives the rank and file confidence. Getting away with brainwashing gives the gb confidence.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

They're stupid ........sorry you asked

or maybe I should say scared stupid

• apocryphal22
    apocryphal22

I think people give way to much credit to the GB either way, pro or con.

• kanootcha
    kanootcha

The confidence comes from groupthink. Never underestimate the power of the posse/cult/angry mob.

The current JW leaders are just as much victims of the groupthink as the rank and file. The beliefs of JWs are self-perpetuating and are effectively based on ONE assumption (that the Slave/GB was chosen by Jehovah/Jesus in 1919).

The only reason repeated brain-washing (ie meetings) is needed is because the beliefs are so convoluted that they require continuous imprinting (and updating when falsification makes it necessary) to remain in the witnesses minds.

kanootcha

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

In a world of increasing uncertainty, people are (and have been for decades) looking for the security of "absolute truths". Once found, it gives them a false confidence that they have the TRUTH and no one else does

The jw organisation provides just that.

This is also why jws swallow all the adjustments to this "truth". It provides a modicum of security even though it's an illusion.

To question this org means going back to the insecurity of unlimited truths, in other words, truth is relative, or finding your own truth. This fear keeps them docile and unquestioning.

• PanzerZauberei
    PanzerZauberei

Hubris developed as a consequence of their being brain washed.

• wobble
    wobble

Kanootcha hones in on a very important point "Jw beliefs are based on one assumption,that the slave was chosen in 1919" (or maybe 1918 I am never too clear)

But ask a JW to PROVE this to you using only the Bible,and point out that if this is NOT true then the GB has no authority and Dubs have nothing to believe in,you will find they never get back to you.

Love

Wobble

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

GB Member. I'm asking you to please see through my ignorance here, and know that I am really asking this out of sincerity. Are you for real? Your posts that I have read in the past, seem to have been less than "wanting to know", and have been presented in a way that " you know already". Are you trolling, or are you conflicted? ( no offense meant at all )

lurk3r

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit