Sales of Bethel premises and transfer of millions to Brooklyn ?

by Nick! 39 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• rebel8
    rebel8

I know, the translations are the same.....but I'm sure you understand how aggravating it is to spend half an hour on a post only to have it deleted.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

It seems to me this borganization is rapidly becoming less and less "spirit directed" and more and more "greenback" directed, headed by skunks, snakes and slimeballs with degrees in law and accounting who probably wouldn't know what the initials N W T even stand for.

• JHK
    JHK

Rebel8: Sorry. I Can understand you..., I suffered sometimes.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Before this is blown out of ALL proportions, please consider the situation in Europe, although at times it seems hard for you Americans. Printing is consentrated in some branches / countries, it has been done in Germany, Italy, Spain, Finland, Britain. Some years ago, many countries received letters that because printing was done in Germany, distribution of literature would also take place from there, so each congregation sent their monthly letters where they ordered literature directly to Germany, and received it from there. This was done for quite some years. Then, probably because it became too many thousands of congregations to take care of, this was reverted to the present system, that the congregations send their orders to their branch, and this one then send them on to Germany. Literaure is sent from Germany to the various branches or warehouses they have, and distributed to local centres from there.

This is no "end sign", this is just that Spain starts with a system like other countries had for a while - and the German branch is so big and has such a huge printing capasity that it can take care of what Spain earlier did. Brasil now prints for Latin America, a thing Spain did earlier.

This is no closing down, it is finding out that it is not necessary for many places to do what one place can do alone. They get rooms they can use for other things or sell, and they need not have more people on their salary lists than they need, because many will start as ordinary and not special pioneers.

• sir82
    sir82

I doubt that anyone considered this news to be a "sign of the end" for the WT....but I still find it significant.

There's an old business axiom that "companies don't shrink to greatness".

All over the world, Bethel branches are consolidating, closing, sending hundreds of ex-workers out...services are reduced, printing quality and quantity is decreasing....and it's been going on like that for years.

How does that Kingdom Melody go? "Hail the Theocracy, always increasing cost-cutting and downsizing...."

• JHK
    JHK

They get rooms they can use for other things or sell...

Un example, please! Helping elderly people, from Jehovah's witnesses congregations..., could be one christian "thing".

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

When I first entered Bethel, they condemned the "corporate mentality" of treating people like "human resources" to be hired and fired. They envisioned bigger and better branches in every country, always increasing everywhere. They believed there would always be plenty of money to keep the USS Watchtower afloat. Of course, they also said that the preaching work would be completed in the 20th century.

B the X

• JHK
    JHK

• JHK
    JHK

Report from Spain Bethel:

Just England and Germany, printing for all Europe. Spain, Italy y Greece will be sacrifice --sell--, ( probably, Canada Branch too). Too much earthly money if you have heavenly hope.

• core
    core

'Make Bethel Your Home for Life' ......well at least give everything uo, work hard and then we shaft you.......very sad for those cast aside

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit