Watch out for a new WT clampdown on the ANTICHRIST . . .

by nicolaou 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

The WT has for years labelled opposing former members as 'apostates'. I don't need to elaborate on how effective this tactic is in controlling the attitudes of those still 'in' through fear.

But as ever in the cultish world of the Watchtower, the identity of an enemy is redifined, focus shifts and views once patronised now snap clearly between the crosshairs. . .

For decades, one of the biggest headaches the WT faced was exposure of it's teachings as extra or non-biblical. Unscriptural teachings on chronology, organ donation the heavenly calling and other subjects have been exposed by sincere individuals like Ray Franz and others.

Many of these opposing former JW's embraced a more traditional form of Christianity but as time moves on it seems to me that those leaving the WT are increasingly less likely to find a new home for their faith than to abandon faith altogether (this is very noticeable in the UK and Europe, perhaps less so in the US).

Increasing evidence for our evolutionary past, a more outspoken appeal to rational thought and a willing embrace of a happier and more contented atheism are all continuing to undermine the foundations of religious dogma.

It won't be enough for the WT to regurgitate an Evolution/Creation book every few years - so what now?

“Who is the liar if it is not the one that denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one that denies the Father and the Son.”—1 John 2:22.

“Many deceivers have gone forth into the world, persons not confessing Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist.”—2 John 7.

Just wait to see the articles stating that those who embrace Atheism and Evolution are a part of the AntiChrist . . .

• wobble
    wobble

The Lurker who is in the Writing Dept. of Bet-Hell has just been given some Noo Lite by Nic. !

I am sure you are right,even those of us who actually have not totally lost our faith,but feel we cannot join with any organised religion, can be so labelled by the Borg.

With a label like Anti-Christ active Dubs will run a mile and we will be no threat.

Is this not a case of Pot,Kettle,Black ? the WT are the most anti-christ of western religions!

Love

Wobble

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

When I met with the elders to answer why my wife and I go to church, we were told we were the anti-christ.

• ninja
    ninja

I don't like plain bread too much unless I cut the ends off.....am I an anti-crust?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Well, if promoting atheism and Devil worship makes one the Antichrist, I guess that's me. I actually believe the whole crap about Original Sin is a scam--invented by God to create a problem that He had the "solution". And the "solution" would cost us all our time and freedom.

Not only that, but I do not even believe the Genesis account in the first place. If it was true, that would mean Satan actually went above and beyond the call of duty (remember, his job was to guard mankind, and he did that just fine when he discerned Jehovah's impending tyranny). The demons only wanted to see what something else is like besides always doing what Jehovah tells them to. I can see nothing wrong with that.

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

I'm the anti-crust too Ninja!!! LOL

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

My daughter calls my hardcore, pioneer sister the 'AuntieChrist!'

• Guest with Questions
    Guest with Questions

Nicolaou: Who is deceiving who? Correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding is that the Watchtower teaches that Jesus did not resurrect physically, and he came back invisibly in 1914. He isn't even coming back to earth, he is going to turn to the earth. If he is already in Heaven and he isn't coming back to earth, where is he going (or coming to) in Revelations? So I have to wonder who truly is the antichrist.

“Many deceivers have gone forth into the world, persons not confessing Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is the deceiver and the antichrist.”—2 John 7.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Guest, my simple point was that the Watchtower will come to define atheists as part of the Antichrist. It is a very simple and convenient method for them to deal with the current scientific demolition of most religious teaching.

Why take on Dawkins and other sharp scientific minds on their own territory? The WT (and other creationist groups) know they are not up to the task - so just label them as ANTICHRIST!

This may deter many curious and wavering JW's from considering evolutionary theory for the first time . . .

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Guest-

The WT has already said that "Christ did NOT return (even invisibly) in 1914. (Proclaimers Book)

How back pedalling is that?

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit