Why is JEHOVAH so cruel?

by african GB Member 37 Replies latest jw friends

• reniaa
    reniaa

true quietly leaving but isn't the point that he has to leave us the opportunity to do it ourselves first and fail before he can step in and do exactly that? isn't this the freewill issue?

would an Israelite know anything beyond the fact god condemned fornication but we now can say quite easily that we know why God stops fornication because we know the consequences?

• donny
    donny

he has to leave us the opportunity to do it ourselves first and fail before he can step in and do exactly that? isn't this the freewill issue?

No personal offense Reniaa, but this is one of the oldest excuses the Society has given for this long long long long wait to see "justice" done. If that was the real issue, then there has been plenty of time to prove that man can't live in total peace with himself.

If there is a being or entity that created this huge universe, he/she/it is surely more intelligent than than the source that created the Bible. And it would surely be more intelligent than to pick the WTB&TS as its mouthpiece.

Don

• Satanus
    Satanus

Of human creation, despots need to be cruel to keep the subjects subjected.

S

• reniaa
    reniaa

Actually I thought the freewill argument was from the bible, job wasn't it?

I could also argue that it is only know we have the tools/knowledge to be able to save ourselves if we wanted too as a whole race. but it's all speculation.

Romans 3:4
    Not at all! Let God be true, and every man a liar. As it is written: "So that you may be proved right when you speak and prevail when you judge."

• watson
    watson

It would have been cool if God had given us eco friendly instructions on how to govern ourselves, feed ourselves, fuel our energy needs, etc., before giving us some of that "free will" noose. Maybe relate that info to the growth and spread of the population.....THEN turned us loose to show that we couldn't do it ourselves, fail, do all those things that point to the "greatness of the all powerful." Maybe if we had the instructions, and he DIDN'T turn the most vile creature in history loose on us, we might have stood a chance. No way to tell now, of course.

Since it's a great mystery, then maybe the only way is to turn ourselves over to the Watchtower, Bible and Tract Society.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

hmm reniaa, I think you have a point, very philosophical

Is it philosophy you are studying/have studied?

• reniaa
    reniaa

Lol nope (secular educated till 18 then by life afterwards) unless you count being a born-in witness who has seen both sides of the fence and found that the eternal 'Why' still applies whatever you believe whether it be in God and 'why' he would do it or evolution and 'why' survival of fittest brings us to ultimate self-destruction :S

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

reniaa, how about all those centuries where humans could not give food to the africans?

mass transportation is in the 19th century on?

I guess the humans failed to make these modern inventions 5,000 years ago?

humans can't stop tsunami's nor can they stop earthquakes.... but up until this century, we did not have the technology for disaster relief?

God has always had the power? or not?

• donny
    donny

I just want to know why Jehovah chose the Society as the F&DS in 1919. They didn't even know when Christ supossedly returned and that date (1874) cannot be blamed on Christendom.

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

Is he a depressed god?

african GB member

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit