If you no longer believe why do you still go?

by Quirky1 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Just a question I have to throw out. I'm curious to say the least. When I could no longer believe the BS I made up my damn mind and left and have yet to return. I figure everyone should stand up on their own two feet and express themselves.

I can see the biggest issue being family but whay would you still insist on living a lie. If your family are true to you they will should still treat you as family.

• oompa
    oompa

i have been twice in the past month on sunday, and i may go twice a month. I am very good a totally tuning out things i dont care to hear. But i really do still have some good friends, and wife always goes, so i kinda want to make up for a lot of rabid apostasizing i have done for two years. Prob my friends will lose any "uneasy" feeling about me being a rabid apostate to them too....i just gotta be more careful to shut the hell up......NEVER any more discussions that lead to arguments....maybe just a comment or thoughtful question once in awhile. I actually think i have a better chance at waking up wife, son, and friends more by going some than the method i have tried for two years..........oompa

• out4good3
    out4good3

Once the man behind the curtain was revealed, I walked and let the chips fall where they may. I just couldn't stomach it anymore. The wife was pissed and the battle to get me to go back to meetings ensued but I held my ground. I would respect her feelings if she wanted to continue, but as for me, I wanted nothing to do with it.

When my kids decided they'd had enough, I came to their defense not to go either.

I think if you're an adult and you really don't want to go. JUST DON'T GO!!!!!

No apologies....no explanations.

It's that simple.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Once the man behind the curtain was revealed, I walked and let the chips fall where they may. I just couldn't stomach it anymore

That's exactly how it was for me. I got to the point where just sitting in a kingdom hall, and enduring the fake lovebombing and indoctrination was pure torture. Whatever happens with my family that's still in, I won't set foot in a kingdom hall ever again.

• wobble
    wobble

Ditto Keys,

I think I would throw up,literally,or yell out BULL**IT!!! if i went. I even avoid driving past our old Hall now,can't face it,Kingdumb Hell is right.

Love

Wobble

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

I'm the same as the previous two posters, once I knew the truth I couldn't make myself not know it. I found it almost physically uncomfortable sitting in the KH listening to the teaching, especially some of the answers during the WT study.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

oompa, i"m glad to hear you've set your limits and have learned to work with your situation. you can drive yourself nuts trying to change everybodys mind!

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

For family

• I quit!
    I quit!

Listening to lies. Going through the neigborhood passing out lies. I think once someone knows that it is all lies they should reach a point were they do the right thing and leave. If friends and family can't deal with it then that is their problem. You're only leaving the religion not them. If they choose to have nothing to do with you then that is their choice.

• yknot
    yknot

Everyone has their own personal exit paths.....

I go to keep the peace.

I tend focus on the fellowship aspect.

I take walks around the parking lot during paragraphs or talks that tend to bring on conniption fits

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit