a chick emailed me.........

by asilentone 20 Replies latest social relationships

• asilentone
    asilentone

a chick emailed me, she said "If anything, I will see you next week". What does "if anything" mean?

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I see the confusion. It could mean, if nothing else, she will definitely see you next week. Or it could mean, if she sees you at all, it will be next week (or maybe not at all). The best thing to do in this situation would be to show up uninvited to her house and ask her to clarify.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Jimmy, I would not show up uninvited at her house. I think you are right by the words of "If nothing else, she will see me next week"

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

LOL I hope you didn't think I was serious. I'd better watch what I say or else somebody will take me seriously and get themselves in trouble.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Translated into English: "I will see you next week, if nothing better comes up."

• lurk3r
    lurk3r

god, i hate saying this, but it could be all about the context. what did she say before "if anything"? ha

lurk3r

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

See you at the KH????

• Farkel
    Farkel

The phrase is fragmented, so it is confusing. It could also mean,

"If I do anything at all next wekk, I'll see you." In that case, if she even gets out of bed, she'll see you.

On the other hand, females lie.

Farkel

• chicken little
    chicken little

If anything, it wasnt me....chicken little

• StAnn
    StAnn

Depends on the emphasis. "If anything, I will SEE you next week." My ex-husband used to say he'd like to SEE me as code for he'd like to do lots and lots of naughty things to me. That could mean that she'd really like to do more than just SEE you... Watch out, you gorgeous hunk of a man!

Farkel, I'm female and I don't lie. (Damn, that was a lie.)

StAnn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit