The Great Crowd are NOT Jehovah Witnesses ?

by Nick! 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mary
    Mary

Excellent find. And timely too because this Sunday's Craptower study article is all about the Memorial and as per usual, goes to great lengths to tell you who gets to partake of the emblems and why.

Just to add to the confusion as to who the WTS says makes up what group, here's a nice little find I found in my studies:

"...ISRAEL OF GOD This expression, found only once in Scripture, refers to spiritual Israel rather than to racial descendants of Jacob..."----Insight on the Scriptures Vol 1 p. 1234 Israel of God

"....James wrote the letter to "the twelve tribes that are scattered about," literally, "the (ones) in the dispersion......Therefore, "the twelve tribes" addressed must be the spiritual "Israel of God."---Insight on the Scriptures Vol 1 p. 1253 James, Letter of

"The 12 tribes mentioned in Revelation chapter 7 must refer to this spiritual Israel for several valid reasons."---Insight on the Scriptures Vol 1 p. 1234 Israel of God

But how can it be talking about 'Spiritual Israel" since Jesus said that the apostles would be judging the 'twelve tribes of Israel'? Would they be sitting in judgement on themselves? Even the Organization realizes that would make no sense as the Insight On the Scriptures Vol 2 pp. 1125-1126 says: ".....It is not reasonable that Jesus meant that they would judge the 12 tribes of spiritual Israel later mentioned in Revelation, for the apostles were to be part of that group. (Eph 2:19-22; Re 3:21)..."

However, since the Society has always maintained that the "12 tribes of Israel" is referring to spiritual Israel how to they explain this problem? Quite simple, they merely change the meaning to suit their own bizarre theories. The Insight On the Scriptures Vol 2 pp. 1125-1126 says: "Consequently, "the twelve tribes of Israel" mentioned at Matthew 19:28 and Luke 22:30 evidently represent "the world" of mankind who are outside that royal priestly class and whom those sitting on heavenly thrones will judge.-Rev 20:4...."

Hmmm......so on one hand, the Twelve Tribes of Israel are referring only to the annointed, yet when that doesn't fit the bill, it's suddenly changed to where it means 'the world of mankind.' Free Smiley Face

I wonder if anyone has ever called Crooklyn and asked them this question.

• still_in74
    still_in74

and only annointed can pray for Holy Spirit. Us lowely other sheep can only benefit from Holy Spirit as it guides the F&DS - we..... (wait for it)...... by extension (!!!!!!!!!!!) benefit from Holy Spirit bestowed upon them.

Yet curiously enough our CO recently gave a talk about us all praying for Holy Spirit to guide us and fill our hearts. Doesnt my CO even know what the WTS teaches???

I am CERTAIN this is correct, does anyone have a WT reference that can back this up? I know I have read that before....

• space cow boy
    space cow boy

Might be just like my boots Mary, one for my left foot, another for my right.

• space cow boy
    space cow boy

still_in74 WT 92 2/1 Full study how we all can benifit from the holy spirit.

"Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of . . . the holy spirit."—MATTHEW 28:19.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Just when I thought I'd heard it all, along comes this thread.

• still_in74
    still_in74

still_in74 WT 92 2/1 Full study how we all can benifit from the holy spirit. "Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of . . . the holy spirit."—MATTHEW 28:19.

cowboy, thanks for your reply.

I just know that this is something that has always seem to bounce back and forth. We will all talk about HS for the GC & OS but then we'll get an assembly talk or an article that contradicts that and connects HS to the annointed only, and then applying all scriptures about HS to the GC indirectly through the F&DS.
    I am certain this is true. I just havent been able to find an article yet..... i will keep looking....

• V
    V

THIS IS TECHNICALITY, and a valid one, but no JW will accept this practically:

Young people who have been raised as Jehovah’s Witnesses do well to examine whether their Christian identity is becoming stronger based on a personal relationship with God. They cannot depend merely on the faith of their parents. Regarding each servant of God, Paul wrote: “To his own master he stands or falls.” Thus, Paul continues: “Each of us will render an account for himself to God.” (Romans 14:4, 12) Obviously, a halfhearted continuation of family tradition cannot sustain an intimate, long-term relationship with Jehovah.

Throughout history, there has been a succession of witnesses of Jehovah. It extends from the faithful man Abel—about 60 centuries ago—to the “great crowd” of modern Witnesses and on to throngs of worshipers of Jehovah who will enjoy an endless future.

WT 2/15/2005 page 16, pars. 16-17

Jesus wants all his disciples to be faithful, zealous witnesses right down to the very end of this wicked system of things. “This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations,” said Jesus, “and then the end will come.” (Matthew 24:14; Acts 1:6-8) In both what he did and what he said, “the faithful and true witness” was an encouraging example for true Christian witnesses of Jehovah today. They recognize their grand privilege as upholders of the divine name and loyal servants of Jehovah who take to heart his words: “You are my witnesses . . . and I am God.”—Isaiah 43:10-12.

WT 6/1/84 page 22, par. 8

So although the scripture is specifically applied to anointed, the WT paints all followers with a broad brush as "witnesses."

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Space cow boy: And nobody read Blues Brothers Post?

You mean this...

quote from WT lit.

As Jesus indicated, both the "sheep" and the "other sheep" become united in "one flock." (John 10:11, 16)

Sounds like NWO to me. Sounds like UN association and promoter. (Still an NGO of some sort, perhaps by a different name; they have a lot of NGO spin-off committees.)

Thus, Jehovah’s present organization of servants is made up of those from both groups, with both destinies.

Sounds like the org has some affiliations they have not yet revealed. Jehovah's organization is more than just the WT.

Jehovah rides his chariot and his ride is made up of wheels within wheels.

And the harlot rides the beast.

One and the same entity here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit