"Watchmen" the worst comic book movie ever - I walked out!

by Witness 007 21 Replies latest social entertainment

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

It tried to be dramatic and different but you just don't know which direction this movie is taking. I haven't walked out of a film ever, but i just couldn't stand it anymore....the first hour and a half went no-where! They try to make complex interesting characters but fail completely...Anyone else see it?

• undercover
    undercover

Read the "book"...

I love the premise of the story, but the book wasn't all that great. I'm gonna wait and borrow the DVD from a comic book geek friend later on instead of paying to go to the theater.

• dinah
    dinah

Mr. Dinah wants to see it. He's a comic book geek.

So far I've like all the comic books that have been turned into movies. The X-men are my favorites. Can't wait for the Wolverine movie. Hugh Jackman-----yum!

I've never read Watchman. Maybe I'll go take a look through Mr. Dinah's books to see if he has that one.

• sinis
    sinis

The movie sucked blue dr. manhattan dick!!! I also walked out and demanded my money back... should have been rated NC-17 (saw lots of families there - what were they thinking), and the critics were wrong!!! It sucked horribly!!!!!!!

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

And this is EXACTLY why the author, Alan Moore, never EVER has his name on any film made of his graphic novels, and why he never EVER takes a CENT of the profits from said films that are made despite his protests.

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

My son went to see it

Hated it

He's 28

Said Mr. Blue Guys johnson swinging

around was really stupid

I'll wait till it hits cable

• sacolton
    sacolton

I thought it was a great movie. Really enjoy Zack Snyder's films (300 and Dawn of the Dead).

• Spectre
    Spectre

The movie was great! As a comic-book movie it wasn't as good as The Dark Knight but few movies are that good.

It followed the book remarkably well, in fact, the ending was cleaned up to be better than the book.

As I was watching it I was wondering if someone who hadn't read the book would be lost. I asked people afterwards, some said yes, some said no.

My one criticism would be that the movie didn't show enough of how early comic-book superheroes were so "truth, justice and the american way" type people. When the book came out, the reading audience knew about this status-quo and Moore didn't really need to delve into that. Few books before Watchmen showed them as having different motives or downright crazy.

What got Alan Moore all jaded about his work being turned into movies was From Hell and The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. He took the money from those and the studios went and bastardized them. He hated the thought of both V for Vendetta and the Watchmen being made into movies based on earlier experiences and his dealings with DC. He really should have no complaint since they both turned out so phemonenally well.

• blondie
    blondie

oops

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Said Mr. Blue Guys johnson swinging
    around was really stupid

Has anyone else noticed a double standard between female genitals and male genitals? Why is that?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit