Do Americans feel a 'special relationship' with the UK?

by ThomasCovenant 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Damocles
    Damocles

Its hard to generalize, some of us do some don't.

I like the french sense of humor and german efficiency.....and I had a whale of a good time in Bavaria.

I work for an English company and I feel a 'special' relationship with them. Probably not unlike the 'special' relationship of the Scots, Welsh and Irish to the English.

Damocles

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

they're the second half of the binary Angloamerican world power as predicted in the book of Revelation

I always enjoyed seing how the WTS, in her eagerness to prove her point about being part of the fulfilment of biblical prophecies, jumps happily in one great leap, in the course of history, from the Roman to the British empires, shoving aside as nothing the Arab, Mongol empires, etc. Should be enough to put off history conscious truth seekers.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

But but but.......They are not white, so they don't count!!

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

They'll never say that of course but, instead, that one has to retain only the empires which had some connection with God's purpose concerning His people, guess who.

• jws
    jws

There does seem to be a connection. Like cousins. Except that Americans hail from all over, Germany, France, Spain, Mexico, and many other places than the British Isles. I've never been there and my ancestors weren't from England, but I love most of what comes out of the UK. I love BBC-America. Always loved the British comedy. The UK has given us most of the greatest bands ever.

Speaking roughly the same language helps. And if the BBC is any indication of true British life, you seem very socially liberal. I see mixed race couples and gay couples on BBC as if it's no big deal (as it should be) and I can only imagine that reflects on British society as well. You have a very funny and openly gay talk show host (Graham Norton).

Although (and this is probably un-evolved thinking on my part), I don't like the way they censor violence in films.

• Damocles
    Damocles

Aligot,

Well said. And we can't forget the chinese and middle americans.

I am highly embarrased that I swallowed the JW stance on history. Thought I was a better amateur historian than that.

Damocles

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

Damocles,

Please don't feel more embarrassed than most of us on here. If we didn't sawallow it, at least we remained mute or quiet about the fancy WTS historical analysis. I did it for about 30 years, sorry for that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit