Life After JWs

by Uzzah 30 Replies latest jw friends

• happpyexjw
    happpyexjw

Congratulations! You have demonstrated in very real terms that people can recover and have a real life after leaving the wts. I didn't start building a real life until I was 40 -- no education, (college was bad you know), no consistent experience (we moved constantly) and too many years of thinking poverty was some kind of virtue. It is tough, but oh soo sweet when success comes. Good for you!

• dinah
    dinah

Great news, Uzzah!! You've worked very hard. I hope you win the election.

Maybe someone who is just waking up will read your experience and pull themselves up just like you did.

Congratulations on having your excellence recognized!

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I'm happy one can survive and make accomplishments in ones life after leaving the cult. This same cult damaged my career and I honestly believe the only way to resurrect it would be to relocate to a place that nobody knows my past.

Cheers Uzzah!!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I've heard that once you leave the truth you become an alcoholic, criminally insane, drug abusing Satan worshipper. Guess that rumour is wrong...LOL. Congrats and good luck!

• ninja
    ninja

funny handshakes really do get you places eh?........he he.....only kidding.....congrats

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

congrats Uzzah...

Bethel's lost is the rest of the world's (us included) gain. WT = LOSERS Let's just hope they keep losing talent such as yourself.

I am curious to what (more specifically) you are doing now but that is something for a PM....

good luck with the election...

Snakes ()

• snowbird
    snowbird

Congratulations!

Sylvia

• Dagney
    Dagney

A very warm, heartfelt congratulations to you Uzzah!

I agree, it is exciting to realize, after so many years of hearing we are all undeserving specks of dust, that we have worth and can experience the reward of giving true and direct assistance in the world we live in.

People are so beat down as JW's, that they arrogantly think everything they do is special, when really, they contribute nothing.

Congrats again, and good luck in the election. You will do an awesome job!

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Congratulations Uzzah

Those of us who have struggled in mid-life to make up for years of wasted talent and lack of education know how difficult and hard-won it is to turn things around. It makes success all the sweeter when it comes!

You get my vote!

Cog

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Congratulations, Uzzah! I know what you mean about struggling to realize that we are more than undeserving specks of dust. That is so drummed into us as JWs. You seem to have really healed and totally moved on with your life. I admire you. You deserve great things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit