After you left JWs, did you join another organized religion?

by Albert Einstein 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

No and I never ever would - I will never again give a man made organization authority over my spiritual life.

Hopscotch

• asilentone
    asilentone

No, I have been programmed not to touch the babel the grate

• Piercingtheveil81
    Piercingtheveil81

When I left I embraced Islam and am now a muslim.

Once I knew that I was going to leave the organization I began to be more open about considering mainstream christianity. I found that there was much that I felt had a good biblical basis for belief. However the trinity doctrine was hard to accept so I started studying different viewpoints and I read books from persons like James White and R.C. Sproul that give detailed explanations about the trinity. I felt that their arguments were very weak. I really tried hard to accept it I even prayed to God to help me accept it but I just couldn't.

around the same time I read material from Bart Erhman and others regarding the trustworthiness of the new testament writings as being inspired of God. I read a book from Douglas Del Tondo "Jesus Words Only" which proved that Paul was indeed himself a false prophet twisting the old testament writings to fit his theology much like the WT Society has done. I felt at that point that I couldn't trust everything that was in the current bible. I did However believe in the God of Abraham and all the prophets including Jesus( Peace be upon him).

While taking a course on religious studies in college we considered Islam so I made a visit to a local mosque. After doing more study about the beliefs of Islam, the Qur'an, and the Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) I made the decision to embrace Islam.

It's clear to me that God through Muhammad(pbuh) was reestablishing the monotheistic faith of Abraham to all humanity. The reason why there is much similarity in both Judaism and Islam. Just as God gave specific laws through Moses(pbuh) for the nation of Israel God has also given laws to all humanity through the Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) for all that would accept it.

This is of course a short version of how I came to Islam.

Piercingtheveil81

• parakeet
    parakeet

Piercingtheveil: It's clear to me that God through Muhammad(pbuh) was reestablishing the monotheistic faith of Abraham to all humanity.

Whether we like it or not?

• PanzerZauberei
    PanzerZauberei

I left in November and have visited a couple of churches. I am now looking for a house church to check out. I get good info from http://www.christianwitnesses.com

• Robert7
    Robert7

No. After questioning the JWs, I questioned and researched everything from the ground up, including the Bible, and to open my mind to reconsider everything I grew up to believe.

After a lot of reading and learning, I have come to the conclusion that the Bible is a book of myths. Religion was created by man for man to explain the unexplainable, provide justifications for his actions, hope for his future, and control over others. I want no part of that and live a good life without religion and the fear of any gods' punishments.

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

Ditto what Robert7 says. The idea sickens me.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

No.

I thought that if there was any such thing as a True Religion, that the WT was probably it.

Stupid boy. I smack my hand.

It took many more years to wake up and realise that I was just another victim of a high control cult..

Welcome to the forum

Cheers

Chris

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I did a stint for 3 months in an apostolic church, but that only made me realise they had their own set of rules/regulations/traditions you had to abide by in order to make the grade.

I left.

I follow my own path.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

I honestly looked at other religions for a while when I found out the "truth" was a lie.

But I did enough research to figure out the Bible is nonsense, as well as all the other "holy" books. So I considered non-creed religions like Unitarian Universalism, and non-god "religions" like Buddhism.

But in the end I realized that I was approaching this problem from the wrong side, and to just start on my own and determine what is true and what isn't. I don't need to be wasting my precious time in some church.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit