After you left JWs, did you join another organized religion?

by Albert Einstein 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

If YES, how did you choose it?

If No, why?

Albert

• parakeet
    parakeet

No.

I've had enough God, Bible, and doctrine stuffed down my craw to last several lifetimes.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

About 8 years after leaving the JWs, I joined a Presyterian Church. I felt the need for spiritual leadership in my life to keep me on the right road. But I wanted no "rules" and I wanted to be able to think and read and question and discuss different interpretations of the Bible. I have since been a member of another Presbyterian Church and for the last 13 years I have been a member of a Methodist Church.

I find it to be a loving, accepting place in the community. The church is active in reaching out to the needy in the local community. I like the local mission aspect of my church.

I don't feel that I have to agree or believe in exactly the same thing that everyone else does.

• villabolo
    villabolo

No. Because I came to the realization that God/s were creations of the human imagination.

• Nowman
    Nowman

I ve been out for 16 years, I can't do organized religion. Although, I admit that I have not given other churches a chance, but I just can't do it.

Nikki

• musky
    musky

The person that caused me to question my beliefs in the watchtower is born again. I went from finding out that the watchtower did not have the truth as I had believed my whole life, to saying the prayers that I thought I needed to say about being born again.I guess I became born again, but I did not feel a immediate bolt of lightning change in my life or anything. I tried several churches, mostly non denominational, because I thought I would be better accepted for wanting to still hang on to a few watchtower beliefs. Right now I am not sure if there is a god. I prayed that God would just talk to me. Say anything to me. But I never heard a reply. I figure if God is as all powerful as claimed by so many, than at least he should be able to muster up enough to speak to me. Crazy thoughts from me, huh?

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

I have to say that one thing JW did for me that I would consider positive is to innoculate me from falling for organised religion in any form.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    No. Because I came to the realization that God/s were creations of the human imagination.

Exactly. God was created in man's image.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I agree with Vilabolo but can I add that it is humans fear of being responsible for their actions and thoughts that created gods and devils.

• VIII
    VIII

No.

They are all a bunch of schiesters. Just on sliding scales.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit