VOTE WINE IN 09!! - New Memorial Video

by V 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Awesome!

That reminds me, I've got to dig through my old Beth-hell files to find something a friend gave me...

B the X

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Hey V,

I posted about a similar point earlier... that 2000 WT created serious doubts in me as I saw that the anointed were increasing...

I can't believe they repeat the lie in 2009... that is a blatant lie!!!!!

Congrats on the vid... it's awesome!

• StAnn
    StAnn

Have any of you who are still in heard any rationale from R&F Dubs about the realization that the GB says the numbers of anointed are decreasing when the numbers of partakers is increasing? Just curious if this might actually spark one or two of them to think.

StAnn

• besty
    besty

"but the *genuine anointed* are really decreasing"

genuine anointed - old skool anointed from the pre 1935 era no matter what noo-lite there has recently been - *we all know* what the real deal is

EDIT - pre-1935, lets say a real keen true beliver baptized at 15 = born in 1920. Do the maths - He/she is ninety today MINIMUM. There was 52,000 partakers in 1935 at a mix of ages - how many are alive today?

Grow up JW's - the literal 144,000 doctrine is either Dead On Arrival or you have 10,000+ frauds in your midst as oh-so-true believers - is this the new schism?

• wary
    wary

Brilliant.

Why out of all the numbers in Revelation is the only one thats not symbolic 144,000.

I gave a talk on it once.

wary

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Superb. Amazing graphics and love the voices.

Here is the entire August 15, 1996 Questions from Readers article that deals with a question back then as to why there is a slight increase in partakers. Its embarrassing to read here how they say that "the facts" show that the calling was completed decades ago. Although they have since dropped their nonsense "calling ended in 1935" creed, we can expect another QFR dealing with essentially the same question soon given the rather alarming increases in partakers we have seen in the last three years. If there is another whopping increase this service year the pressure is really going to be on the buzzards at Brooklyn to come up with some explanation that will need to be better than the tripe dished out below.

Questions From Readers

reports for some years show that the number partaking of the Memorial emblems increased slightly. Does this suggest that many new ones are being anointed with holy spirit?

There is good reason to believe that the number of 144,000 anointed Christians was complete decades ago.

At Acts 2:1-4, we read about the first ones in that limited group: "Now while the day of the festival of Pentecost was in progress they were all together at the same place, and suddenly there occurred from heaven a noise just like that of a rushing stiff breeze, and it filled the whole house in which they were sitting. And tongues as if of fire became visible to them and were distributed about, and one sat upon each one of them, and they all became filled with holy spirit and started to speak with different tongues, just as the spirit was granting them to make utterance."

After that, Jehovah selected others, and he anointed them with his holy spirit. Thousands were added in the very early years of Christianity. At the Memorial celebration in our time, the speaker often calls attention to the apostle Paul’s words at Romans 8:15-17, which mention that the anointed ‘receive a spirit of adoption as sons.’ Paul added that the holy spirit they receive ‘bears witness with their spirit, that they are God’s children, joint heirs with Christ.’ Those who truly have this spirit-anointing know it with certainty. It is not a mere wish or a reflection of an emotional and unrealistic view of themselves.

We understand that this heavenly calling continued down through the centuries, though during the so-called Dark Ages, there may have been times when the number of anointed ones were very few. With the reestablishment of true Christianity near the end of the last century, more were called and chosen. But it seems that in the mid-1930’s, the full number of the 144,000 was basically completed. Thus there began to appear a group of loyal Christians with the earthly hope. Jesus termed such "other sheep," who unite in worship with the anointed as one approved flock.—John 10:14-16.

The facts over the decades reflect both the completion of the calling of the anointed and Jehovah’s blessing on the growing "great crowd," who hope to survive "the great tribulation." (Revelation 7:9, 14) For example, at the Memorial celebration in 1935, attended by 63,146, those partaking of the emblems in evidence of their profession to be anointed numbered 52,465. Thirty years later, or in 1965, the attendance was 1,933,089, while the partakers decreased to 11,550. Moving 30 years closer, in 1995 the attendance jumped to 13,147,201, but only 8,645 partook of the bread and the wine. (1 Corinthians 11:23-26) Clearly, as the decades passed, the number of those professing to be of the remnant greatly decreased—some 52,400 in 1935; 11,500 in 1965; 8,600 in 1995. However, those with earthly hopes have been blessed, and their number has increased abundantly.

The most recent published report is for the year 1995, and it shows 28 more partakers than in the preceding year though the ratio of partakers to those attending did actually drop. On balance, that a few more chose to partake of the emblems is no cause for concern. Over the years some, even ones newly baptized, have suddenly begun to partake. In a number of cases, after a while they acknowledged that this was an error. Some have recognized that they partook as an emotional response to perhaps physical or mental strain. But they came to see that they really were not called to heavenly life. They asked for God’s merciful understanding. And they continue to serve him as fine, loyal Christians, having the hope of everlasting life on earth.

There is no need for any of us to be concerned if a person begins to partake of the emblems or ceases to do so. It really is not up to us whether someone actually has been anointed with holy spirit and called to heavenly life or not. Recall Jesus’ solid assurance: "I am the fine shepherd, and I know my sheep." Just as assuredly, Jehovah knows those whom he has chosen as spiritual sons. There is every reason to believe that the number of anointed ones will continue to decline as advanced age and unforeseen occurrences end their earthly lives. Yet, even as these truly anointed ones prove faithful till death, in line for the crown of life, the other sheep, who have washed their robes in the blood of the Lamb, can look forward to surviving the impending great tribulation.—2 Timothy 4:6-8; Revelation 2:10.

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

Another excellent video!

I'm hoping 10K drink the wine and eat the bread this year. That'll throw them for a loop..

• V
    V

Images now available from the video, just right-click and "Save As" to download:

• Dagney
    Dagney

Awesome work again V!

Thank you for your efforts.

• still_in74
    still_in74

excellent again V! I like that you touched on the number of annointed since 1935. It would be amazing if one of our resident actuaries was able to pull together an analisys of all partakers since 1874 and conclude how many actual annointed the WTS has claimed since the days of Russel.

I would suspect there to be even less space available for the previous 19 centures than stated in the video!

but even using the number 100,000 this meant that only 53 people per year on average were acceptable christians to Jehovah. 53 per year??? How many christians died in the Colliseum??? Were they not acceptable to jehovah??? These could have number into the tens of thousands or more!

Again, fantastic video. Great food for thought. Despite everything I know about this org this one video provides enough evidence to undermine the WTS!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit