Who really is the slave? The Governing Body!!!

by Ultimate Reality 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• darth frosty
    darth frosty
    Two outstanding reasons are: (1) Jehovah trusts the slave class. (2) Jesus also trusts the slave. Let us examine the evidence that both Jehovah God and Jesus Christ have complete confidence in the faithful and discreet slave.

HOW THE FUG DO WE KNOW THIS?!?

There is literally no evidence to back this up.

• marcilo
    marcilo

Hey folks

Some of my thoughts to the above mentioned WT arcticle:

Paragraph 2:

Why is something like that written although it is a plain lie? How often has the presence of Jesus been changed?

Or take the latest change of the Generation doctrine. That’s cynical, isn’t it?

Paragraph 3 + 9:

That’s ridiculous!

And what about the other religions? They don’t thump on a slave resp. steward but are completely adamant of their doctrine. God’s blessing they see in that they have a faith, own church halls, …

Paragraph 12:

Where is the proof that the sklave receives blessing from Jehovah and Jesus.

Paragraph 13:

Can this prophecy really be applied to the anointed ones and consequently to the slave today?

Paragraph 14:

Jesus mentions the „least of these my brothers“ in Matthew 25:40. Can they be put on a level with the anointed brothers? At the end the paragraph says that the commission to preach according to Matthew 28:19, 20 is directed to the anointed. I thought it was meant to be for all Christians.

Paragraph 15:

They had to write that.

Paragraph 16:

Doing good things (according to Matthew 25:35 – 40) is something totally different than “listening”. Wherefrom do they have the right to claim that one must listen to these brothers in addition to Jesus?

Sheep do only listen to one shepherd and not to two.

Now it’s getting pretty delicate. They say you have to listen to the brothers and Jesus and thus they place themselves on the same level with Jesus by elevating themselves.

Paragraph 17:

Only in passing it is mentioned that the GB has the “leadership”. Note that not each member of the GB is anointed. But they don’t mention it.

The last sentence is pure hubris and extremely contradicting paragraph 12, where they write about themselves of not being immodest.

Paragraph 18:

Jesus again only plays a subordinate part. Who brings many to righteousness? Exactly! The faithful and discreet slave- not Jesus. But what about Revelation 7:17 or 22:1? Jesus brings many to righteousness and to fountains of water of life. Moreover, Revelation 7:9 + 10 attributes Jesus and his father with salvation.

Paragraph 19 + conclusion:

Those who listen to the sklave will be saved. Jesus and Jehovah become more and more unimportant. So (we as) JW must listen to humans and accept what comes from Brooklyn.

• oompa
    oompa
    dozy: I understand that COs are being told to use this expression in their talks and speak about the "Steward Class" rather than the "Slave Class".

Just great....now half the dubs will think all flight attendants are of the anointed......oompa

• oompa
    oompa
    dozy: I understand that COs are being told to use this expression in their talks and speak about the "Steward Class" rather than the "Slave Class".

Just Great....now half the dubs will think all flight attendants are of the anointed................oompa

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Slave Class denotes a group who serve, a group who are at another group's beck and call.

Steward Class doesn't carry the same idea.

• oompa
    oompa
    Dozy-I understand that COs are being told to use this expression in their talks and speak about the "Steward Class" rather than the "Slave Class".

Just great....now half the dubs will think all flight attendants are of the anointed.............oompa

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

I don't quite see the point you are making.

Are you saying that the Society is beginning to hint at two new ideas: 1. that the "domestics" is a separate class altogether from the "faithful slave" (the latter being the GB/Watchtower); and; 2. That the "domestics" includes both the anointed and other sheep/great crowd??

The first point really would be new, as I believe they have always taught that the slave that is doing the feeding is a separate group somehow from the domestics,but is still a subset of the "domestics" - both groups being of the anointed class. It is clear from Matthew 24: 45-47 that there is a group/slave that is acting in a different role from the domestics, having been appointed over the domestics and belongings:

Matthew 24: 45 “Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? 46 Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. 47 Truly I say to YOU , He will appoint him over all his belongings.

Here is the quote again from that Feb 15 article:

"3 Jesus has appointed the faithful and discreet slave "over his domestics," that is, the individual members of the slave class, "to give them their food at the proper time." He has also appointed the-slave "over all his belongings." (Matt. 24:45-47) These "belongings"include the growing "great crowd" of "other sheep." (Rev. 7:9;John 10:16) Should not individual members of the anointed and the "other sheep" trust the slave appointed over them? There are many reasons why the slave class deserves our trust. Two outstanding reasons are: (1) Jehovah trusts the slave class. (2) Jesus also trusts the slave. Let us examine the evidence that both Jehovah God and Jesus Christ have complete confidence in the faithful and discreet slave."

How can the "belongings" be both the anointed class and the other sheep since both appointments of the slave over the domestics and the belongings are said to have occurred simultaneously in 1914/19, when no such group as the "other sheep" or "great crowd" was yet formed??? The "great crowd" is even now admitted by the Watchtower to be a future group! Bizarre.

Just a side point. Leolaia said:

"For instance: "About a hundred years ago the 'faithful and discreet slave' class again began to come forward as a loyal advocate of God’s Word. With the years it has become ever more visible and noticed by the world. The facts show that today this 'slave' is identified with the Watch Tower Society" (Watchtower, 15 March 1982, p. 21). Notice that it isn't identified as the whole anointed remnant, just the WTB&TS.'

This Watchtower article did not say the anointed remnant is the WTB&TS; it said the 'slave' is identified with the Watchtower Society. There's a difference between being something and being identified with something (they did not say "is identified as.."). I think the Watchtower here was just making the point that that the 'slave' would only be found amongst Jehovah's Witnesses, who are the only group associated with or "identified with" the Watch Tower Society. I don't think this was intended to create the Watchtower Society per se is the slave, although some JW's may have taken this inference.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

trying to see if this works so that I can see to the end of the page

• Ultimate Reality
    Ultimate Reality

yadda yadda: Listening to the June 15 article on jw.org and looking at the context of the articles since 2007, it appears the Governing Body itself is moving to become the The Faithful Slave or Steward.

The WT uses conflicting terms simultaneously in these articles, such as from the February 15 article:

"Two outstanding reasons are: (1) Jehovah trusts the slave class. (2) Jesus also trusts the slave. Let us examine the evidence that both Jehovah God and Jesus Christ have complete confidence in the faithful and discreet slave."

Is the slave, slave class, and the faithful and discreet slave all the same thing? In these sentences it would seem so. But we know that really isn't the case. The scripture in Matthew 24:45 makes more sense (based on the Society's interpretation that this is a prophecy) if the slave or steward is the Governing Body. But they have never come out directly and said this. The slave was always a group of anointed ones and the GB was their representative. The change that is taking place is to elevate the GB. This makes more sense based on the wording of Matthew, the reality of how the organization is run, and most importantly, the increase in memorial partakers. The GB wants to distance itself and diminish the role of the newly claimed anointed ones.

My point is ultimately speculative, but keep a look out in the WT articles in the coming months.

• oompa
    oompa

steward

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit