Can someone who speaks French please translate this?

by Mickey mouse 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Let's hope the European Court of Human Rights eventually catches on to this sort of religious abuse.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Plus, it's Belgian (and informal, e.g. "les Jéhovah" = "the Jehovahs").

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

The only thing I am afraid of is that if this does turn into something big the JW will scream persecution.

• llbh
    llbh

Hi Mickey, if the European Court of Human Rights does decide on this issue, it is my understanding that this will be become binding on all countries within the E.U. Even if it is not called upon to decide, it will likely have implications for the rest of the EU, unless struck down by a higher Court.

It is precisely an issue like this that leaves the WTS open to litigation, because it goes much wider than religious issues per se

David

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

The French WT (at least) has already taken steps to conform (superficially) to the European legal framework. As I have mentioned a few years ago, they have changed their "judicial" terminology: Judicial committees are now "comités de discipline religieuse" (religious discipline committees), people are no longer exclus ("disfellowshipped") but excommunicated. Protection under the shield of Babylon the Great as it were...

Another thing is that the d'fng reports (S-77 etc.) have been suppressed as well as all (visible) judicial files, locally and at the branch (because of laws on confidential personal data).

• metatron
    metatron

Yes!

The Watchtower has to be careful about screaming persecution because the issue raises too many questions and could highlight that they have suffered defeat!

This, taken together with the situation in Russia, and the continued preaching against college offers a wonderful opportunity to put this sick cult in its place. Let them back away from wrecking families and ruining lives and keeping children ignorant.

Let them suffer financial loss and public humiliation.

metatron

• Scully
    Scully

Anti-Christ writes:

The only thing I am afraid of is that if this does turn into something big the JW will scream persecution.

Ha! How ironic... they'll actually claim to be "persecuted" and that they have a legal "right" to persecute others whom they decide to kick out of their congregations.

Pot, meet Kettle.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    Anti-Christ writes:
    Ha! How ironic... they'll actually claim to be "persecuted" and that they have a legal "right" to persecute others whom they decide to kick out of their congregations.
    Pot, meet Kettle.

LOL, but I think pot met kettle a long time ago with the pedophile cover up issue.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    The Watchtower has to be careful about screaming persecution because the issue raises too many questions and could highlight that they have suffered defeat!
    This, taken together with the situation in Russia, and the continued preaching against college offers a wonderful opportunity to put this sick cult in its place. Let them back away from wrecking families and ruining lives and keeping children ignorant.
    Let them suffer financial loss and public humiliation.
    metatron
    Pot, meet Kettle.
    LOL, but I think pot met kettle a long time ago with the pedophile cover up issue.

You are all absolutely right.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    The French WT (at least) has already taken steps to conform (superficially) to the European legal framework. As I have mentioned a few years ago, they have changed their "judicial" terminology: Judicial committees are now "comités de discipline religieuse" (religious discipline committees), people are no longer exclus ("disfellowshipped") but excommunicated. Protection under the shield of Babylon the Great as it were...
    Another thing is that the d'fng reports (S-77 etc.) have been suppressed as well as all (visible) judicial files, locally and at the branch (because of laws on confidential personal data).

I did not know this, I don't think this has been done in Quebec yet ( our WT are in french ).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit