Governing body member comments about new anointed

by Kosonen 23 Replies latest jw friends

• bennyk
    bennyk

In 1935 the "great crowd" of Revelation 7:9-15 was understood to be made up of "other sheep," Christians with an earthly hope, who would appear on the world scene in "the last days" and who as a group would survive Armageddon. (John 10:16; 2 Timothy 3:1; Revelation 21:3, 4) After that year, the thrust of the disciple-making work turned to the gathering in of the great crowd. Hence, especially after 1966 it was believed that the heavenly call ceased in 1935. This seemed to be confirmed when almost all who were baptized after 1935 felt that they had the earthly hope. Thereafter, any called to the heavenly hope were believed to be replacements for anointed Christians who had proved unfaithful.
    (Watchtower, 01.05.07)

Compare to the following:

Life Everlasting (1966) (p. 147)
    53 Since then, going on to a million persons have
    Dedicated themselves to Jehovah God and have
    been baptized in water and now profess to belong,
    not to the anointed remnant of the “little flock,”
    (p. 148)
    but to the “other sheep.” In fact, no heavenly
    calling, no spiritual Kingdom hope, were held be-
    fore them at the time of their water baptism.
    Why was this? What did this baptism and bring-
    ing in of such “other sheep” since 1934 mean?

54 Evidently it meant that the 144,000 who were
    called to the heavenly kingdom had been picked
    out by that time and that there was just a rem-
    nant of those “anointed” for the Kingdom left
    on earth.”

It certainly seems to me that the Society set the stage for the confirmation of their teaching. The circular reasoning is priceless! ‘Because the heavenly calling ended circa 1934, it was not offered to the “other sheep”, which meant they necessarily felt they had an earthly hope, and since they did, it indicates the heavenly calling ended circa 1934…’

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I don't recognize the voice.

It is not Sam Herd of the GB. Herd's voice is deeper and he speaks much slower.
    Here's Sam... http://www.jwbrothers.org/play_audio.php?audio=395

Neither is it JR Brown. Brown's voice and manner is similar, but that's not him.
    Here's JR... http://www.jwbrothers.org/play_audio.php?audio=609

A couple of the comments say it's Ellwood or Elwood Johnson, a name I don't recognize.

Same BS, different speaker.

B the X

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    A couple of the comments say it's Ellwood or Elwood Johnson, a name I don't recognize.

Johnson was (and may still be) a Circuit Overseer. I knew him and many of his nieces and nephews. Originally from Maryland, he was an elder in a neighboring Mississippi congregation for many years before going into the Circuit work. He served congregations in NY and NJ.

Here's a memory...One of the funnier things I heard him say in a talk, was this: "Why do you get upset when your Bible Study doesn't make sufficient progress in six months? Your own children are sixteen and they're baptized, either!"

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Shucks. If you partake by drinking the wine at the Memorial....you are a dipwad, crazed Annoited member.

Seriously, belittling the Annoited is because us Apostates have ridiculed the lunacy within the Watchtower's latest doctrinal change. The Apostates are watching how many people drink the wine or claim Annoited, and pointing out why are there so many doing so...so to stop the deluge of Annoited, the Governing Body has to put a stop on their own doctrinal "New Light."

For the JWs, you can only be a bona-fide Annoited if you are born after 1935 and are needed to fill a Governing Body slot. Otherwise, you might as well claim you were raped by demons, as you will be thought of as a crazy brother/sister by the PO and DO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit