Governing body member comments about new anointed

by Kosonen 23 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

But if only the GB are anointed, where will they get new recruits when the old ones kick the bucket. The WTS says they will always be anointed on the earth when the end comes too.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

This bunch of jerks never ceases to amaze me. They are doing to the same thing to the "new annointed" that they did to the zealous ones in 1975. The ones who believed the bullsh*t lies about 1975 were accused of running ahead of Jehovah, and now the ones who believe the bullsh*t lies about being a select group of true Christians are accused of being fakes. Why, oh why don't these folks ever get tired of being abused?

• villabolo
    villabolo

"But if only the GB are anointed, where will they get new recruits when the old ones kick the bucket. The WTS says they will always be anointed on the earth when the end comes too."

From trusted members of the Great Crowd who will be declared "anointed" by virtue of their entry into the GB.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

OMG, GermanXJW, you're right about the Bible reading at minute 9. What a whacko!

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Blondie - If I remember correctly a couple of the current GB were not annointed.

That is until it was discovered that jes - sorry Jehovah wanted them on the GB.

Expect to see a lot of backtracking on the "Given Ones" (remember the study instead of "kings I shall give sheiks and sultans")

They were getting ready for a GB with other sheep in it, but the increase in annointed hardly justifies this.

Funny how just five years ago at the CA they were saying that one sign of the nearness of the end is the DECREASE in the number of annointed.

This organisation couldn't organise an orgy in a Brothel. They are so ridiculous now I wonder why anybody would waste 24 hours of their life on a six month Bible study course to join them.

HB

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

In Blondie's very telling quote notice the use of WEASEL WORDS.

Any of those "taking the emblems after 1935 were THOUGHT TO BE replacements". Note the passive voice.

Thought to be by WHOM - Why by US the idiots who write this trash!

By using the passive voice here, they are hoping that the readers will think it is sombody other than the current writers who taught something that is so obviously wrong in the light of noolite.

Of course the GB never for a second believed that the newly annointed were mere replacements, that must have been somebody else, even though they approved that teaching.

I was nigh dragged in front of a JC for apostasty when I pointed out (in 1986) that this replacement teaching didn't make sense. If I had been DF then, I doubt they would be apologising and reinstating me!!

HB

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

ya knew this was coming, the good old boys set this up a long time ago in their heads with all the "class distinctions" all along. It is just their final jab at those who feel they are smarter than the old school GB.

Old power dogs doing tacky things!

Randy

• Gayle
    Gayle

This seemed to be confirmed when almost all who were baptized after 1935 felt that they had the earthly hope.

Here again, the literature (via Governing Body) is blaming everyone else who were baptized after 1935 that expressed to have the earthly hope which was the primary hope taught to those new ones. The manipulation was strong during that time and the teaching was strong that since that time (1935) most everyone had to be of the earthly group. So it was the Governing Body that created that circumstance of the earthly hope, not giving those new ones any opportunity to really consider the heavenly hope. Actually, it was the Governing Body that closed the heavenly hope door for JWs in 1935. It is nauseating how they blame their people for the problem the GB actually created. (Yes, it was the very same way about 1975, not taking the blame but blaming it on their own people).

• blondie
    blondie

If I remember correctly a couple of the current GB were not annointed.

HB, actually all of the GB had to be anointed at the time of their appointment to the GB. Not all of them were anointed their whole career as a jw prior to that though.

Blondie

• jws
    jws

He says something like, many new anointed are real trouble-makers in the congregations.

I've never really met one of these people who were normal. They were either self-righteous jerks or old and a bit out-of-it.

However, genuine anointed Christians do not demand special attention. They do not believe that their being of the anointed gives them special "insights," beyond what even some experienced members of the great crowd may have. They do not believe that they necessarily have more holy spirit than their companions of the other sheep have; nor do they expect special treatment or claim that their partaking of the emblems places them above the appointed elders in the congregation.

Then why must the GB be annointed? I always assumed (when I believed that stuff) that it was because they were annointed that they got some special insights. These people are supposed to be future kings and queens, ruling with the apostles just like them, but unless you're on the GB, you're nothing special until after you die? But of course the real reason is they don't want to share the power or deviate from their calculated doctrines.

I guess it even seemed like a double-standard when I was in. I just thought of all the "annointed" I knew as crazy and imagining it. So you wouldn't want to have them in charge.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit