Getting Baptised Next Week

by passwordprotected 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi pp,

Have a great one! Make sure you invite plenty of friends, family, ex JWs and JWs alike :)

So have you been baptised in the Spirit?

Acts 19

Acts 11

There is no need to wait until you have had your water baptism, see Acts 11.

All the best,

Stephen

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

congrats passwordprotected. If that is where your path takes you, follow it and enjoy the journey!

When my mother and I left - we did a brief stint in a church - I lasted 3 months before I saw pretty much the same structure in place as the JWs had. There were their doctrines and the like - anyway short story - I left. My mother stayed on and decided that she wanted to get baptised again. I didn't agree with it (for my own reasons) but supported her in her freedom to choose that path. She got baptised at the beach, with a few people and I there - it was more personal than the JW baptism, in that we prayed for her and each spoke a blessing, even I spoke up of our struggle out of the borg and now the freedom to follow our own path .... yes I got choked up - as true freedom is very dear to me.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

@ Stephen - yes I have. However, I'm sure more blessing from the Spirit will follow baptism.

@ Lou - freedom is a wonderful thing and I'm glad both you and your mother have been able to experience and enjoy the wonderful blessings that freedom brings.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi pp,

Great news! Like Paul says

1 Corinthians 12:30-31 (New International Version)

30 Do all have gifts of healing? Do all speak in tongues? Do all interpret? 31 But eagerly desire the greater gifts.

Yes blessing follow (no doubt as well as persecutions before hand).

Let us know what happens :)

All the best,
    Stephen

• snowbird
    snowbird

That is good news, PP.

Isn't freedom wonderful?

Sylvia

• Scott77
    Scott77

I thought eyeslice has faded off the JWN. Iam suprised, he is back which is a good thing. His face looks like that of Salman Rushdie. Please, see this Yotube vedeo on this link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah9PyZNb4F8

Scott77

POST EDITION NOTICE:

As for you passwordprotected, Many thanks for sharing about what important step you are gonna take. I wish you my best in whatever step you take in this respect. Many thanks for contributing to this site. YOu are always an important presence here with many comments you post.:)

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Blessings and congratulations to you both! I hope it is a wonderful step towards your connection to that which has no name.

Love to you,
    Baba.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit