Getting Baptised Next Week

by passwordprotected 26 Replies latest jw friends

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!

I was baptized almost four years ago and was confirmed this past January and I will begin studying for the priesthood within the year.

I am extremely excited.

Today I handed out the Church Newsletter known as the LINK. If anyone wishes to see it at our website please feel free to check it out.

at. www.stpaulsnewmarket.org it is in PDF format. We also made available to the Parish hard copies of the Newsletter as some in the parish haven't got computers.

I am very happy with it and have had some positive feed back already from some at church.

I share in your joy of Baptizm and may our Heavenly Father and our Lord Jesus Christ bless you and Gail always.

Orangefatcat.

• Blithe Freshman
    Blithe Freshman

Thank you for the anouncement! Good news is always welcome.

Blithe

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Does "BAPtise" come from the word BAPhomet?

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Not sure, Cameo-d, I'm pretty sure baptise comes from baptise which comes from the Bible.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

congratulations to you and your wife - I'm glad you are happy

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

PWP,

Just curious if you know.

It seems that Jesus only met his cousin John the Baptizer, briefly on the day of his Baptism. Why do you suppose they never hung out together or joined alliances? Why would he not have asked his cousin to join him if they were of the same mind?

It seems like Jesus didn't have anything to do with him after that. Doesn't it seem rather odd?

• wobble
    wobble

Congratulations Mark and Gail!

May you both find even more joy in the Lords service in the future!

Love,

Wobble

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I am glad you know who you are being baptised into. JWs haven't gotten that right for years!

I have been in other churches, and if you are baptised, you are baptised. One of the few baptisms not accepted by normal churches is the JW baptism because they are never going into it with their faith in Christ for salvation.

Do you know that those being confirmed in the RC church do not need to be re-baptised if baptised as a christian already? They accept others as Christian. Same goes for every congregation I have attended except for the JWs and the LDS. Neither one accepts any other baptism as valid.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

@ cameo-d

"seems" and "suppose" indicate that the issue is open to conjecture and as a result nothing definitive can be stated about Jesus' relationship with John. John certainly recognised that Jesus was the Lamb of God who would take away the sins of the world and Jesus certainly recognised that John was doing a work approved by God.

What happened before in their relationship Jesus baptism isn't recorded and hence I'm not going to speculate. What happened afterwards is that John's followers enquired as to who Jesus was and Jesus told them to report back what they'd seen him doing. Just because it isn't recorded that he hung out with John regularly afterwards doesn't mean that they never saw each other again. When Jesus heard of John's death he paid great tribute to him.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

@ JWDaughter - the church we attend didn't make an issue over our baptism. It's not the church's place to interpret your baptism as being valid or not. One of the members of the church underwent infant baptism and she felt that this baptism was still valid for her. No one in the church pressured her otherwise; it was her choice. As it turned out, after years of saying that there was no way she'd be re-baptised, suddenly she had a great desire to be dunked and requested baptism.

Bear in mind, she was a member of the church and no one was making an issue over her baptism as a baby; it was entirely up to her.

That's the way it should be, IMO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit