Being part of the Jehovah's Witnesses - can you give a short resume of your experiences?

by jambon1 16 Replies latest jw friends

• jambon1
  • asilentone
    asilentone

raised in the "truth", baptized in 1983. MS 1985-1988, literature, sound, microphones.

• shamus100
    shamus100

My experiences?

Boring, self-riteous low-self-esteemed ninkompoops.

Mike jockey, sound technician (pppfffttt.....), auxillary-pioneering dweeb. The congregation darling. Yes, I am so ashamed.

• oompa
    oompa

your kiddin right?......why would you want this?........anyhoo......you asked for it......

i am BFB........brainwashed from birth........most people are too if born into any intense religion, as environment is the number one factor of your religion........however i was a double-lifer starting in 3rd grade!...i just did not like not being different, and i wanted to do holidays and have GF's!!......so was pretty bad with the ladies from 8th grade until graduation and the beach trip thereafter....and ya...that was prob the best years of my life!!.......but i knew if i could just get out of school, i could prob behave myself.....so i pioneered for a year to make up for my sins and to make my folks happy.....then started getting in sex trouble with the sistas...so had to get married at 21.....that takes your mind of jw crap a bit...but never had any zeal.....was a slacker....pretty much hated meetings......hung in there despite a zillion doubts....and finally woke totally up at 45.....what a mindfluck!!!.............oompa

I pretty much fulfill a scripture.....2 Thess. 3:2 "...for faith is not a possession of all people."

• Warlock
    Warlock

Check my profile.

Everyone should have something on their profile.

Warlock

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

It sucked.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Baptized in 198x (to thwart the hounders, I will not divulge the last digit without a lot of hunting). Maximum hours a month in field circus: 32. Did magazine work a few months, did not like it. Timed talks and assisted with the Theocraptic Misery "School(??)" a few years before blowing off too many boasting sessions. And had a few "privileges" at a$$emblies, shamefully including guarding a Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund box once.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

born into the Troof in 1966 and raised in as extreme a way as anyone possibly could, and hated being the only Dub in my school year but tried to please my father who had become an elder fairly young when the elder arrangement came into place in the early 70's. From about 14 years old onwards I decided this was not for me and surprisingly my folks let me flounce from the meetings field service on the proviso that I stayed at home and looked after the house. So went through my teenage years what any normal teenage lad does, drinking/dabbled in drugs/girls etc, left collage at 17 to start work, and noticed that the dubs had gone about a major change since the years I remember as a kid, they seemed smarter, nicer better people then I could remember and the various elders M/S's that would come and go at our place would kinda leave an impression , I was also starting to get invited to Dub social events with my sister. This led to a bible study with an elder and very good friend of my Dad's Jeff Woodfield ( who I respect to this day, he was even on the my J/C), so I was baptized at Hays Bridge C/A in 1988, I was making quick progress in my local cong as this cong offered the fast track policy towards M/S and elderhood, I also met a what I thought fine young Dub sister and got married in 1990 a big Dub wedding with all the trimmings. Our marriage started bad and got even worse I never thought we'd make the first year( we eventually divorced in 1995) from1992 I had stopped meeting attendance made contact with Reachout Trust who supplied me with reading materials from Franz, Penton et al. This of course led to a J/C on the charge of apostasy, surprisingly I appealed the initial decision to D/F and won, my last ever meeting was in 1993. I was D/A'ed in absence from the Wimbledon Congregation in circa 1995(Thanks to elders Ted Sallows and J Morely lying scumbags).

Remarried in 2005 2 lovely kids , I survived !

• wobble
    wobble

Hey Jookbeard! could you give details of how you won your appeal for Apostasy? perhaps on a new thread,don't hi-jack this one,or if you prefer PM me,I think I am going to get clobbered soon by a J.C (a rumour is going around in the Dubs that I have left to strart my own religion!Great idea,L Ron Hubbard made a fortune!)

My quick resume: born in,nearly 60 yrs.ago,always felt my faith was seperate to the religion,so had many doubts,stopped FS in Spring 2007,went to last meeting April 2008,having decided that the GB were blasphemously taking the place of Jesus.

Love

Wobble

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Wobble will PM you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit