Nobody Answers

by Rex B13 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

TEN REASONS WHY I NEVER WASH

My mother made me wash as a child.
    The soap makers only want my money.
    There are so many different kinds of soap, I could never decide which one was right.
    I used to wash, but it got boring, so I quit.
    I do wash on special days like Easter and Christmas.
    I work hard all week and am too tired to take a bath on the weekend.
    People who wash are hypocrites. They think they are cleaner than other people.
    I get along very well without washing.
    Hardly any friends I have, wash.
    I'm still young. When I get older and dirtier I may wash."

They have all sorts of new services today.
    Now they've got a dial-a-prayer service for atheists.
    You call a number and nobody answers.

Pity the poor atheist who feels grateful but has no one to thank.

Atheists are really on the spot; they have to sing "Hmmmmmmmmmm bless America."

• Seeker
    Seeker

You no more understand the mind of the atheist then you do the mind of the Hindu.

• GatoCat
    GatoCat

By golly, I see the light now. Rex, thank you! Your allegorical logic has hit home. I could see myself as the child whose mother made him wash, and relate that to being forced to go to church. Then I saw myself as I am now... never taking a bath (I haven't had one since I left home after high school graduation) and I saw the parallel with not going to church. And the blinders fell away, and I could see. I could SEE.

I'm saved. Praise the lord for sending you, Rex! Thank ya. Thankyaveramuch.

COMF

• Tammie
    Tammie

Praise the Lord, and pass the soap.
    I want one of those fancy soap on a rope.

The truth can never be hurt by a lie,
    but a lie can be exposed by the truth.

• AlanF
    AlanF

Whoa! I'm gonna hop right on down to the Church of the What's Happenin' Now and get myself saved!

Oh Lawdy, Lawdy, Lawdy! Thankee, thankee, thankee fo' yo' faithful and discreet servant, TRexB!

AlanF

• Skeptic
    Skeptic
    They have all sorts of new services today.
    Now they've got a dial-a-prayer service for atheists.
    You call a number and nobody answers.

Pity the poor atheist who feels grateful but has no one to thank.

Atheists are really on the spot; they have to sing "Hmmmmmmmmmm bless America."

Good ones!

A character's reaction when he became an atheist:
    "He almost thanked God that he no longer believed in Him."
    - from Of Human Bondage by Sommerset Maugham

Richard

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

When you make posts like this are you suprised no one answers? I mean, people comment, but you can't 'answer' such a complete and absolute refutation of atheism.

[8>]

People living in glass paradigms shouldn't throw stones...

• kpax
    kpax

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm bess America doesn't work. GOD bless America obviously doesn't work either.

kpax

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

The physical and spiritual are two different planes, my friend.

ashi

• mommy
    mommy

Actually my sister did not use shampoo on her hair for about 6 months. She had the most beautiful hair, the natural oils helped to make it soft and "fluffy" There are many hairdressers who will tell you not to use shampoo everyday as well.

Oops this was about soap. I never use soap on my face, never have, of course I don't use makeup either. I have had maybe 5 zits in my whole life except when I was preggers and my hormones went crazy, even the I only had about 5 with this pregnancy. My skin is very soft and the natural oils, when left on their own can make ones complexion better than attempting to cover up with alot of gobbley gook.

Oops this thread is on atheists. Well, I won't sing god bless America because only people who are thankful sing, and atheist have nothing to be thankful for. (okay that last part was a lie, but the rest are true)
    wendy

When I leave, you will know I have been here

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit