WT to entirely shut down Brooklyn soon? New developments

by sir82 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

It appears the WT has been planning on leaving Brooklyn for awhile now. I wonder if it is because NYC is such a big terrorist target. They may feel less vulnerable to any future attacks that might happen there.

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

The relocation would place the volunteer workers closer to the organization's printing operations in Ulster County.

This may be impart some of the their motivation, the cost of living in New York is quite high also and you can be assured

they know very well the value of those buildings and mostly the land in which they are located. $$$

There does seem to be a digressive nature to the organization of as late which makes one wonder what is the

direction they are heading, maybe they are just preening down to go into survival mode, as other posters have mentioned.

Did their consciences finally start to catch up to them, lowering their stifling arrogance back down to human levels ?

In any case it would seem that moving completely out of Brooklyn would be beneficial in many ways.

They could build better facilities to house volunteer workers for example, improve facilities for printing, the list goes on and on.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Club Watchtower

Watchtower Retreat

Watchtower Meadows

• undercover
    undercover

Considering how old the GB is getting, maybe it should be:

Watchtower Assisted Living Facility or Watchtower Nursing Home

• sir82
    sir82
    Club Watchtower
    Watchtower Retreat
    Watchtower Meadows

Didn't (don't) Bethelites from Wallkill & Brooklyn rather derisively refer to Patterson as "the country club"?

• sir82
    sir82
    Considering how old the GB is getting

Huh? Most of the guys on it now are under 70. Not exactly "spring chickens", but given the easy lifestyle, I expect most to last another 20 or so years. The only ones with an expiration date within 5 years are Jaracz & Barr.

• undercover
    undercover

okay....so they're not octogenarians...

But surely you don't expect Jehovah's chosen servants to live without proper healthcare and assistance as they do grow weak and feeble.

Actually I didn't know the GB was growing younger...I guess we really are living in Christ's 1000 Year Reign...

• blondie
    blondie

I see that Ramapo is only 45 miles from Pine Bush. I have no doubt that Brooklyn will be shut down soon...and money is the reason, the cost of upkeep and the possible money they will rake in from the sale of properties in Brooklyn Heights, as soon as the economy picks up.

• jws
    jws

It makes sense to relocate. The time is right to buy the extra land they need. And at some point when the economy picks up, they can sell the very valuable land in Brooklyn. With the changes in roles at the top, I'm assuming the people who are making these decisions aren't theological leaders anymore and might have some business sense.

As far as isolating themselves, it sounds to me like the things they've done so far are to escape lawsuits. I don't think moving out of Brooklyn has anything to do with isolation.

I also agree that New York itself is a lot more dangerous to Bethelites than a rural environment. Any vice or lifestyle can be explored in New York. And with a wealth of bookstores and libraries, things can be learned that may challenge their beliefs.

So what's going to happen to all those Bethelites in some small town on meeting nights? As I understand it, they're spread out to several congregations in New York now.

• steve2
    steve2

Please don't say the move from Brooklyn to Pine Bush was foretold in Scripture...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit