Utter Disgust !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Infrared 31 Replies latest jw friends

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Well said, Wendy.

YK, Wendy makes some good points so I won't respond to you anymore in this thread. If you'd like to take it up elsewhere, then feel free.

Dana

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Ahhhh geez!!! I can't believe I said that!!!!

• thewiz
    thewiz

Sorry for the loss. I often think of people this happens to and I really don't understand how they can cope. I would fall to pieces.
    Dont' allow the anger and disgust to eat you up too much. It will deter you from your goal, to comfort the family.

Don't blame him/them, per se. But I have found that not only are most JDubs ignorant they are also stupid, lack intelligence, many don't have educations to speak of. They are even encouraged not to think too much, believe it or not.

Correct me if I am wrong, and sorry to add fuel to the very well justified flame, ...but isn't the current dogma of the JDubs that babies who were not born/birthed will not be coming back in the ressurection? Something to do about Job having wished he had died before he was born and therefore not ever seen the light of day.

----

Whose going to call me a liar on these points? I've been and have been around the JDubs my entire life. Although I know of other thinking and/or ideas (that's why I get in trouble so much), I know of no other way or outlook to live.

I know you may have only been using a figure of speech Infrared, but
    YK does have a point in at least the gun respect. Leave the guns where they belong, in incinerators.

• freeman
    freeman

Sorry for your loss.

I know how upsetting it must be. My wife and I suffered a similar loss many years ago. Her name would have been Sara. As for those "comforting brothers", at least they said something positive. I know first hand of some such comforting brothers that said, “unfortuntly the baby did not draw its first breath, it had not become a living soul and so it will not be reserected”. I guess maybe that was old light and the teaching has changed now. Again, sorry for your loss.

Freeman

• Farkel
    Farkel

The elder basically said, "the baby is better off dead."

Fuck him and the horse he rode in on. I have no sympathy for idiots like that.

Farkel

"I didn't mean what I meant."

• metatron
    metatron

Sorry for your loss

I take some small comfort in the elder's stupid kneejerk
    comment. Imagine finding satisfaction in a babies death
    because of the huge exodus of young kids out of the truth!
    These cold hearted idiots - and the half senile old farts
    who lead them are facing a bleak future. Young people are
    voting with their feet and walking out of this depressing
    cult.

metatron

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Some elders need to keep their mouths shut.

Bangalore

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Sorry to hear your bad news infrared.

What can I say that isn't already said?!?!?

Bless you.

Regards Paolo.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

This is so sad. I cannot imagine the pain.

Some things to think about.

2 weeks away from birth, I'm pretty sure this is too late in a pregnancy to be called a misscarriage. She is very fortunate if they didn't do something worse like question her to see if the baby "breathed the breath of life." During my very risky pregnancy with my son, people tried to comfort me with: "Don't worry, if the baby breathes the breath of life, it will get a resurrection." Well, the flipside of that is left unspoken: " Worry because: If your baby does not breathe the breath of life, it will not get a resurrection." I have to say that this is one area where I never bought the JW common thinking.

I used the Insight and AID books to prove that concept wrong. Every baby, according to the WT publications, gets the "breath of life", indirectly from Adam through the baby's parents. It is one of the teachings that I put on the list of JW Things That Make You Go, "Huh????" If someone says this to your sister, you can show her that the WT's own publications prove this teaching to be untrue. I believe that it's a commonly held belief the brothers use to scare people into never considering ending their pregnancies, early on.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

(bookmarked)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit