Did Noah's Ark have a Bilge Pump?

by VM44 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• VM44
    VM44

All wooden ships leak to some extent, so what did Noah do about the accumulation of water?

A bilge pump would have been essential.

Did the Noah's Ark writer really know or have any experience about the construction of large wooden ships?

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

You've just given the WBTS an idea for their new edition of NWT,...

They may not neccessarily call it a Bilge Pump,...maybe a drainage passage of some sort,...

african GB member

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

I'm sure God magically evaporated any water that may have entered the ark. Of course the design of the ark was divine, so I'm sure it didn't leak.

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

Noah had a spiritual (invisible, just like SPIRITUAL PARADISE) Pump...

african GB member

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Damn that wasn't in the specs.

(Genesis

6:14-16) . . .Make for yourself an ark out of wood of a resinous tree. You will make compartments in the ark, and you must cover it inside and outside with tar. 15 And this is how you will make it: three hundred cubits the length of the ark, fifty cubits its width, and thirty cubits its height. 16 You will make a tso′har [roof; or, window] for the ark, and you will complete it to the extent of a cubit upward, and the entrance of the ark you will put in its side; you will make it with a lower [story], a second [story] and a third [story].

• undercover
    undercover

Good question. Even the old sailing ships that we think of when the New World was discovered, or carried the Pilgrims to Plymouth Rock or Blackbeard and Johnny Depp sailed as pirates, leaked to some extent. Constant repairs had to be made, pumps had to manned to keep most of the leakage out of the holds.

Another question. What about ballast? Even in today's modern ships, ballast is used to lower the center of gravity of the ship. Today's ships use water tanks for ballast. They can add and release water as needed depending on the load of the ship. The old tall ships used stones in the lowest portions of the ship for ballast.

Would the ark require ballast? Does the shape of the ark preclude it from needing ballast? Were the animals considered ballast? I doubt that. You can't have your ballast shifting weight all over the place.

• viva
    viva

Build a big box. 450 ft x 75 ft x 45 ft. I am sure it would have been very leaky, good thing the existence of mankind didn't really depend on it. And they didn't have room for balast. Every inch was packed with animals. You can tell by the instructions that the author didn't have the slightest clue about ships.

• hubert
    hubert

He used the elephants.

Hubert

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

The WBTS have a bilge pump. It's called the Awake.

• VM44
    VM44
    He used the elephants.

LOL, I like that answer!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit