Were there any Elders in your congregation that seemed to dislike you?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I wont say they disliked me...but there were a lot who hated the fact I was smarter than them, in both the 'truth' and book smarts.

• fokyc
    fokyc

SEEMED to dislike me!!

They find me totally abhorant; WHY?

Because I have discovered their mistakes and then their lies to cover these up.

fokyc

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Most of them liked me with the exception of maybe two but one for sure. I slammed his hand in the cookie jar a time or two.

• viva
    viva

In the last hall I attended there was one particullarly uneducated elder that would glare at me everytime education was mentioned.

• willyloman
    willyloman

"If a male dub has any brains, education, critical thinking skills, talent or a hot wife, it is virtually guaranteed that there will be elders who won't like him..."

I never thought about it that way, but this is pretty good profiling.

I had several elders not like me over the years and looking back I can see it was for one or more of those reasons. And I was an elder. So it's not just about elders v. publishers. Dubs don't like to think that their members, particularly their spirit-appointed leaders, can be petty. But there you are.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Like DazedAndConfused all the elders liked me. I was an elder's wife, looked up to by many, worked hard in the congregation, took an active lead in just about everything except servive.

Everyone was stunned when I was DFed for adultery to get out of an abusive marriage. My ex was willing to forgive and I was not willing to stay. I left still believing.

After 5 years I approached one of the elders on my JC about coming back and he was just plain nasty to me. That surprised me a lot. I suspect he didn't want my can of worms opened and my ex's reputation to go down the drain if the truth came out especially since my ex's second wife did the same thing to get away from him.

• ninja
    ninja

I have no brains,talent,critical thinking skills,talent....or a hot wife...........but the elders still hated me........I have a hunch it was mixing the rabbit droppings into their chocolate raisins that did it.........................

• Hobo Ken
    Hobo Ken

Well ninja my bro used to fancy ur mrs back in the day so she must be hot...he's one of the glorious ones, he would know.

• ninja
    ninja

that's when she was 20 years younger....and 20 stones lighter......he he

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Fokyc,

SEEMED to dislike me!!

They find me totally abhorant; WHY?

It's for that very reason that Mr and Mrs Kaytee respect and admire you.Why, because what does light have to do with darkness

KT

PS. Is that adore,........... or abhore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit