Left the WT but why the contuinued faith in an invisible God?

by donny 16 Replies latest jw friends

• donny
  • Mastodon
    Mastodon

it's a crutch Donny, that's all that it is... a crutch.

• donny
  • Warlock
    Warlock

I don't blame God for the actions of a bunch of moronic human beings.

I'm not necessarily speaking of JW's either.

Warlock

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Some people still want to be Christians, and realize that the Washtowel Slaveholdery is wrong about the Bible. Some will independently study the Bible (and the ones that don't become atheists or God haters in doing so will gravitate into a form of Christianity that is closer to what was practiced in the second century). Others go to regular church, find it to be more uplifting than the Witlesses, and join.

And others go to regular church solely to put more distance between themselves and the Washtowel Slaveholdery.

• Blithe Freshman
    Blithe Freshman

Before I came into contact with the JW's , I was at a place in my life I felt a need for something larger than myself. Life was hard & I needed help. I had known people who possessed something more, to rise to the occasion when life asked a lot. They did so with a grace I did not understand.I was searching for what they had in my bible.

Unfortunatly before I got far with my search , my door was knocked on. I got a lot of answers, just not to the questions I asked. I was lead down a path that was burdensom and farther away from what I sought than I was before the witnesses came into my life.

When I left I returned to living with my problems managing best I could on my own.Circumstances in my family caused me to start researching the watchtower and that lead to resuming my search from 28 years ago.

So why I worship is, I have a spiritual need. Not to worship a god, but for GOD's help.After crossing that line and not just turning away from the society but turning towards GOD, I have had several experiences that have made me a believer not just by faith. Now I worship in appreciation & thanks for all the help I am receiving . I pray to keep giving thanks for things really happening in my life and to ask to continue to be so blessed.GOD does not need my worship, I need HIM. HE listens and pours out HOLY SPIRIT on me and I worship in absolute awe that there is a GOD and he has made himself known to me.It has been more than I ever conceived could happen. .

An afterlife was not a concern of mine. Neither was exceptance , my social/community needs had been taken care of by family & friends.

I'm sorry I can't offer some sort of evidence, it'd be a blast to have pictures or a video of what was going through my mind during my experiences. If it would help I'd describe my experiences for you.or just try praying to Jesus, worked for me.

Blithe

• cskyjw.sun
    cskyjw.sun

i still believe in god.i am like the boreans,i can study the bible on my own.i also get help from some literatures i read

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit