DID YOUR KH ENGAGE WITH THE COMMUNITY?

by badboy 15 Replies latest jw friends

• R.F.
    R.F.

engage with the community?? I don't think you can put that in the same sentence with "Kingdom Hall" or "Jehovah's Witnesses" LOL

• free2think
    free2think

more get disfellowshipped for fornication and adultry than for any other reason. Community related

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Nope...the witnesses are not here to provide social services as I was told many times. If people want help they needed to come into accurate knowledge and get baptized if they want to be helped as I was told many times. Just plain crazy.....

• parakeet
    parakeet

Farkel: "':DID YOUR KH ENGAGE WITH THE COMMUNITY?' .... Yes they did. They engaged community members in conversations and engaged their pocket books in donations. Those who took the bait and became engaged to the Congregation then became engaged in engaging community members in conversatins and engaging more people to part with the contents of their pocket books."

If a KH "engaged" with the community, that would be considered, by their own standards, as fornication on an orgizanational level. And with an unbeliever, too! At the very least, there should a marriage ceremony to legitimize their relationship.

Instead, as Farkel noted, the KH prostitutes itself by taking the community's money ("up front," as every working girl knows) and then providing the "services" that only dubs can provide.

For shame, dubs. For shame.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Of course not. And they even had an "illustration" to defend their point of not doing so. I remember this from a KH lecture many years ago...

If your neighbor needed his grass mowed, but his house was on fire, would you take the time to mow his grass? Or would you run and warn him to get out of his burning house and hopefully save his life?

Well. I guess there you have it.

• freedom96
    freedom96

In my hall, the very idea of helping any organization outside the witnesses was met with distain. Not that they helped other witnesses much either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit