DID YOUR KH ENGAGE WITH THE COMMUNITY?

by badboy 15 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

ANY TAKERS?

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Of course not. The only community service JWs do is the (blech) preaching work.

• asilentone
    asilentone

no way!

• stillajwexelder
  • troubled mind
    troubled mind

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.............I was told explicitly "Jehovah's Witnesses " are not involved in Social service ONLY the preaching work .

So when a young girl was homeless in the middle of a freezing Illinois winter The Elders were put off when I asked them to help her .She had been attending meetings and showing interest . The above was their comment to me .

When I volunteered to help in the community food pantry the Local Needs part was about how we should only do the preaching work because other kinds of community service was not worthwhile in the long term .....yeah right !

• villabolo
    villabolo

You are so funny badboy.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Did my KH "engage" with the community? Do you mean, as in a joint venture for the public good? LOL.

The dubs in my KH not only did NOT cooperate with community leaders, they littered public places with out-of-date religious propaganda, woke up and irritated the public nearly every day of the week, pushed worthless books in their faces, and looked down their noses at them the rest of the time.

• Farkel
    Farkel

:DID YOUR KH ENGAGE WITH THE COMMUNITY?

Yes they did. They engaged community members in conversations and engaged their pocket books in donations. Those who took the bait and became engaged to the Congregation then became engaged in engaging community members in conversatins and engaging more people to part with the contents of their pocket books.

This is how Jehovah's Witnesses engage with the community and help them out, so those people won't have their eyes rot in their sockets before their heads blow up at Armageddon.

Jehovah's Witnesses LOVE their community and are more than willing to help that community keep their heads from getting blown up after their eyes melt.

Farkel

• badboy
    badboy

BTTT

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

Yes, by preaching THE GOOD NEWS OF THE KINGDOM.

african GB member

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit