I got a memorial invite today!!! whoo hoo!!!

by Finally-Free 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I found it in my mailbox along with the rest of the junk mail.

I took a set of magazines from a couple of JW women last May thinking I could anti-witness to them when they did a return visit on me. I was even nice to them, but they never came back. So now I'm wondering if this memorial invitation was their "return visit" or if they're putting them in everyone's mailbox in an effort to boost their Holy Statistics by inviting everyone in their "territory".

W

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I got one in the mail. It was from an elder's wife. This is the only elder who tries to reach out to me.
    He doesn't try to shepherd me, he knows I could talk doctrinal circles around him. He invites me to
    barbeques, and now had his wife send a personal invite to the memorial.

This is actually the first one I won't go to- no way, no how.

I won't bother to respond, but the invite uses the scripture, "Keep doing this in remembrance of me."
    What was the command about? Not about "observing" some ceremony and listening to a talk. It was
    about "partaking." Keep breaking bread and drinking the wine in remembrance. That is what I will say
    if pinned down on it.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

No fair... lucky!!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

It's been a few years since I've been to one, but if I recall correctly a good part of the talk was about why we shouldn't partake. That's the reason I always was embarrassed to invite people to it.

W

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

In the US, it is illegal to put anything in a mailbox without proper postage... I think the fine is $450. Don't know what the law is in Canada..

I would throw them under the bus...not because I care about following the rules..just to cause WTBTS trouble.

No one sends me an invitation... thankfully....but hey, 17 days to go, right?

Snakes ()

• Kinjiro
    Kinjiro

It's been 16 yrs since I left... and every year my parents ((still in)) invite me... every year I say no thanks... but this year was different... My dad got mad and upset and asked "What did jehovah ever do to you that you hate him so much?"

My answer was simple.. I dont hate jehovah cause you cant hate fictional caracters...

I dont expect an invitation next year...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Just don't go. That way, they will have wasted the paper and time.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I could never go to a kingdumb hall again for any reason. I didn't attend the informercial they put on when my mom died, so I sure as hell won't go there to watch tasteless crackers and swill passed around.

W

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Looks like I'm going this year after 2 year absence...woooo hoooo oh crap!

• Dagney
    Dagney

I was surprised to have an invite via email from somebody I haven't seen/heard from in years. The only one, so far.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit