What are some of the 'good' things you learned during and after being a Jehovah's Witness?

by Dune 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I learned what a cult looks like, and will never join one again.

• Quandry
    Quandry

I learned what Jesus meant when he said that some could look like "whitewashed graves" or clean and polished on the outside but inside are holier-that-thou and hateful.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

One thing I learned is that God does not keep His promises. Instead, He pushes back the dates indefinitely, and demands people to believe them.

• blondie
    blondie

I consider the WTS like an abusive parent. Anything "good" learned was at a terrible price. All those things could have been learned in a loving, healthy environment instead. I know I had an abusive parent and would not suggest that any child learn any so-called good things in that environment.

Blondie

• oompa
    oompa

I learned it is ok to make out with hot redbone and black chicks because there was no racisim............oompa

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life
    I consider the WTS like an abusive parent. Anything "good" learned was at a terrible price. All those things could have been learned in a loving, healthy environment instead. I know I had an abusive parent and would not suggest that any child learn any so-called good things in that environment.

I agree with Blondie.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

I learned how important it was to stop and read and take that time to understand what you're agreeing to.
    I remember how often I'd go to the doors and people had zero clue what they said they believed.
    And when I finally applied that to myself, that's really what got me out.
    How to make great desserts for dessert night (book studies).
    That I'm stronger than what I ever gave myself credit for, and smarter too
    That friendships do change, even when you're not a jw.
    That life is not always about What you know, but how you use what you've learned to make changes either in your own life or the lives of others for the better.

can't think of anything else...

• Bubblie
    Bubblie

I learned from my good friends on the old JWD that Crisis of Conscience was a good book. I picked up a hard copy of an older edition at the Used book store for only $6. I have ordered one on Amazon in the soft cover. I am still learning how to make real friends that you can trust. I am also looking forward to making some contacts with some older friends. I will find out what is important in life to me. In the dubs learned some things about the bible that really don't matter. Need to take a look at that book again someday. Wonder how long I will live? Will I have cake at my birthday this year? Those are the things I learned to think about now.

Kit

• Blithe Freshman
    Blithe Freshman

To Google everything!

Blithe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit