I am so sick of hearing the word "soon."

by TooBad TooSad 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• carla
    carla

Soon, soon, soon! aaagh! I agree! I jokingly told my kids that they could start using the word 'soon' just like the jw's!! When jw dad asks them when they would clean their rooms? 'soon dad, real soon'. How about mowing that lawn? soon dad, real soon. When 'ya gonna pick up that darn plate from yesterday's lunch?!!! soon dad, real soon.

It was just a private joke between me & kids. I don't think he would have appreciated our humor on the subject.

• viva
    viva

Soon, a completely arbitrary term.

My brother made an emotional plea for me to go back to the JWs because the end is coming soon. I reminded him that we had been told that since we were children, our parents were told that, our grandparents were told that. I asked him when he would accept that the end was not coming, when would we be able to resume a relationship as brothers? 20 years? 30 years? When he is on his deathbed? Unfortunately I doubt he will ever admit that the end is not coming "soon".

• carla
    carla

Just tell your brother you will come back 'soon'! see how their definition changes then?

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

TooBad TooSad

I went to Sunday's talk last week and this is what the Elder said in his talk:

''You young people....Why would you attend a 4 year college when the end is coming soon? The end could come in 4 years.....3years.....2years.....nobody knows....but it is right around the corner.Why waste your time with school since the end is so near? "

BUZZ WORDS THE WTS LOVE TO USE: The LAST DAYS SOON NEAR RIGHT AROUND THE CORNER

• blondie
    blondie

Based on that, older people should quit their FT jobs and regular pioneer, sell their vehicles and walk places

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I should turn that around and say "Soon, I will start going back to the boasting sessions and out in field circus. How soon? Maybe 2012, 2025, 2041, 2075, 2094, 2114, 2134, 2175...

Or, "as soon as God provides me spectacular proof that He is infinitely kind without using the Bible or other stock experiences, makes me appealing to the opposite sex so I can draw them all in, and upholds His promises without trying to apply standard rules to bust it up".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit