Jehover Unmasked ! Nathaniel J. Merritt.

by cluless 15 Replies latest jw friends

• im stuck in
    im stuck in

I enjoyed most of it particularilly that the new testament was chosen by the catholic church. I did not know that before. I told some JW's that and they said it was not true. I just said do the research for yourself. stuck in

• Terry
    Terry

You do realize that this is the very premise and teaching of Marcion and almost over ran early christianity, right?

It is Gnostic.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

bttt for the night-shift. This is an amusing little book; maybe a stepping-stone to who knows where?

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

It is a good read to bust out of the funny mentalist mind set, but just a stepping stone to go somewhere else. I give it

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

I like this book, not because it's the truth (it's not), but because it is an excercise in thinking: a new way of reading the Bible. Merritt is guilty of misquoting and taking Scripture out of context just as much as the WTS. It is based on Gnostic beliefs, but IMO it makes more sense than mainstream Christianity. Don't take it seriously- I think Merritt is on the crazy side of genius...

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

The friend I have that spoke to him on the phone said something similar, but there was more of an emphasis on the "crazy" part. Definitely not a "truthful" sincere book... He even acknowledged that he didn't believe what he wrote in it and that he's moved on and is no longer a Gnostic. (if he ever was)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit