Jehover Unmasked ! Nathaniel J. Merritt.

by cluless 15 Replies latest jw friends

• cluless
    cluless

I would value the opinion of anyone who has read this book.

I have recently orderd the book from Amazon.

Cluless.

• The-Borg
    The-Borg

Not a bad read until he starts preaching about his fuzzy wuzzy version of christianty.

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

I have read most of the book. It is a little different then I expected. I think that he post on here. The base of the book is that the Jehovah in the bible is Satan.

elder-schmelder

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

A very entertaining book, though with sexual exploits a prudish 'good' JW like myself would not have dreamed of engaging in.

I especially liked the bit about the "evil slave class".

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Ooops sorry I never read that properly. I thought you were talking about his other book I Was a Teenage Jehovah's Witness. That is a very entertaining read. Jehovah Unmasked I am not so keen on.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I read it when it could be downloaded. I found it very fascinating and helpeful in shedding the idea that God is like the God of JW's or narrowminded fundamentalists of any religion. It helped me reclaim the universalist, loving God of my youth.

The book really goes into the God of Love concept and shows how Jehovah cannot be one and the same with the God of Love of 1 john 4:8. The book also explores the theory of some gnostics that Jehovah did create our world, but that he was an undergod, a jealous one, who created it very imperfectly. And that Jesus came not to save us from a debt of sin, but to show us the truth and that every single creature of God will be saved in the eventual conclusion of Good verses Evil.

I am not sure I agree with every bit of it, but I do agree with much of it. Fuzzy view of Christianity? Why would anyone would believe in the murderous, exclusive view of it? Why would anyone want to believe God is after our blood? A god like that cannot be trusted to keep his word about ANYTHING and no one is safe. No one. Just like children living with abusive parents are not ever safe.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

This book is a free download, only one megabyte.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zzn7m1brg0veosu

Borrowed this link from someone else. Hope I don't get my intranets tangled up... LOL.

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Awesome book... slam-dunk showing how Biblegod is Satan hiding in plain sight.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Skimmed over quite a lot of it. It is full of make-believe and ridiculous conjecture. A friend of mine actually contacted the author. Mr. Merritt told him that he did not even believe the things he wrote in the book but was "experimenting" with philosophies. He also said he actually changes his religion every few years intentionally. The guy is a nut. Possibly an intelligent nut, but a loon nevertheless. And he certainly is not "sincere" in the way the dictionary defines the word. Here's a few quotes from JU:

————————
    “I can demonstrate from the book of Genesis that the Jehovah gods that fashioned this world did so in a stupid, blundering fashion… so having realized their blundering oversight, what was the solution proposed by the Jehovah gods? They proceeded to make all the animals of the earth, and then paraded them before Adam, hoping he would find an animal suitable as a mate… First the blundering Jehovah gods failed to make a mate suitable for Adam, and then after realizing their mistake (“It is not good for the man to be alone”) they formed the lower animals and hoped that from among their ranks Adam would pick an animal as his mate. They wanted Adam to engage in bestiality.” — Jehovah Unmasked, Pages 54-55

————————–
    “There is no reason to jettison your culture and embrace foreign religions to find spiritual Reality. Gnostic Christianity is the inward, esoteric, mystical spirituality that so many Westerners are seeking in Far Eastern religions. You can find spiritual Reality in the midst of Christianity. You can become yourself a Christ, for that was and is the original intent and purpose of Christianity: “The disciple is not above his Teacher: but everyone when he is perfected shall be as his Teacher.” Luke
    6:40, American Standard Version of 1901, emphasis mine.” — Introduction, Jehovah Unmasked, Page iii

————————
    “Quit hiding behind your Bible or your Pope or minister or church or creed or fear or whatever. Step out into the Light and come to know the True God personally…. Stop worshiping an idol of paper and ink… God is not a book, and is not confined to a book or any collection of books. However, if used with caution and discernment, the New Testament does have some gems to offer, as we have seen, and shall see. By the same token, so do the sacred writings of the Gnostics, long thought lost forever, and we shall investigate the Gnostic scriptures in the next chapter.” — Jehovah Unmasked, Page 16

————————
    “The True God, however, has been active through various Divine beings such as the Logos (Word), Sophia (Wisdom), Zoë (Life) and Charis (Grace), to bring us a direct Knowing of the Divine. This activity culminated in Jesus Christ.” — Jehovah Unmasked, Page 20

----------------

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit