I called my mom.

by lisavegas420 28 Replies latest jw friends

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Wait...I just thought of something else...

maybe I still want my mom to be proud of me....the same way I'm proud of my daugher, and my her family.

lisa

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Everytime we would read that scripture about "not having natural affection ", even as a witness I would think 'that sure applies to how witnesses treat their Df'd family members '

I am glad to see you took the initiative and called your mother . Yes she might never reciprocate ,but someday when she is gone ,you will have peace of mind because YOU did the right thing .

• cluless
    cluless

Iam glad I revisited this board.

Iam the poster who asked why you could not ring your mother next week.

Having read your kind reply and the posts of fellowposters I remember what I had forgotten.

I had forgotten what I should never allow myself to forget..

I would see a witness in the street with there magazine and ignor them and pass them by.

Now I will confront them .

I live in Sweden I read a book of a man who was in Aluschwitz Concentration Camp.(Last week I had the priverlidge of meeting the man face to face) This man has never given up talking og his esperinene -even in the remotest places.....And neither will I-

• Nowman
    Nowman

I know this feeling of wanting that normal relationship with your parents like you do your own.

Have not seen my dad since 1992 (think the last time I talked to him by phone was Jan 1993 when I was DFd)

My mom and I reunited after 8 years in 2000, she was DFd at that time, our relationship has been never been normal, nor do I expect now that it will be ever be. I barely even know her, she is still like a stranger to me.

Nikki

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Unfortunately parents can be all messed up with or without the help of org. religion. It is important to keep in touch with your parents, or at least try to. My parents are all gone now and I miss getting together with them. I often meet my best friend and he tells me of his calls to his mom. He talks to her on a daily basis. It is a loving relationship he will dearly miss some day. I envy his relationship with his mom. I do go ocasionally out with both of them. I also keep in touch with my mother in law. She's a nutcase for sure, but is all I have left of that generation. In June, we will be having a family reunion. She will be coming with us. This time last year, we went to California to get on a taping of The Price is Right. It was a wonderful experience. Even if you all out there try and fail, at least you tried. Guilt can hurt you in so many ways. At least you yourself will have removed yourself from that guilt. Bill.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga
    Wait...I just thought of something else...

maybe I still want my mom to be proud of me....the same way I'm proud of my daugher, and my her family.

Of course you do, Hon... of course you do. That makes perfect sense. (Check your PM's.)

• parakeet
    parakeet

My JW parents never told the elders about my "apostacy," so we still talk and visit often.

It seems that almost every week, my elderly parents tell me who in the KH has died. My parents' contemporary JW friends are dropping like flies. I remember them from when I was a dub 30 years ago. I remember they all believed they would never die.

• lonestar63
    lonestar63

Lisa,

Being new to the forum, i don't know your situation personally, but i know all to well why it is what it is.

Mind control is a powerful thing, and they don't even realize it.

Not a day goes by that i don't tell my kids (both grown) that i love them. Not a day goes by that i don't tell my wife i love her.

Me, an inactive nobody that will never set foot in a kingdom hall again.

Go figure that.

Hope things continues to progress well with your mom.

• moshe
    moshe

It's sad to hear about the broken and disfunctional families. Since JW's isolate themselves from worldly people, they can avod explaining why they are shunning their ex-JW family members. Good luck Lisa.

• noni1974
    noni1974

Hey Lisa good for you. Keep the line of comunication open. Even if it's just to talk about the weather. At least you will know they are ok.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit