Cue for a song: "Here comes the sun.."

Oh sorry, that's for the land of Oz.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."

Anonymous

• Mulan
    Mulan

I am making lots of Christmas cookies, so just tell me the time and place, girls.

Lauralisa: Microsoft is a great place, with a beautiful campus. I've been there many times, and did a usability study for them last year. I would love to work there, if I had to work. For now, I like my home office job, but that would be my second choice, for sure. I advise you to go for it. The weather here is very mild, and in the Spring and Summer, you couldn't ask for a better place to live.

Ozzie: That was mean. I want sun! I want sun!!

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Mulan,

I'm sorry, but you know what us aussies are like! Real brash!

Got your card today (with beautiful ice!), Thanks. Wait till Mrs Ozzie sees it. She'd love to be able to skate but we've never seen it! Oops, here I go again!

Cheers,
    Ozzie

Anonymous

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Ozzie's pulling your leg, Mulan. Living as he does on the Southern Tablelands, he gets the odd flake of snow in winter, and I imagine he's found the occasional frozen puddle, too!

"You've got the brain of a four-year-old boy, and I'll bet he was glad to get rid of it."
    - Groucho Marx

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Stephanus,

Behave, won't ya? You'd wanna spoil all the fun.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

Anonymous

• mommy
    mommy

Mulan,
    I had a very good friend of mine who went into deep depression during the winter months, it is true that the weather has an effect on us. Thanks for sharing the billboard with us, that was to cute. I visited the coast of Oregon and I couldn't believe the sun never came out once in the 2 weeks I was there. It was July too! Though beautiful, I could never live there.

Enjoy the Christmas cookies
    wendy

When I leave, you will know I have been here

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

Sigh...I love to listen to the rain...

Mulan, I really wish you could send some of it our way...my grass is dying and we're on water restrictions here. Surrounded by water and none of it useful for anything but playing in!

Dana

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end...
    Closing Time, Semisonic

• Mulan
    Mulan

Hi Wendy, The ocean coast is a whole different story. All year, there are few clear days. The ocean water is very cold off of Northern California, North all the way, and it pulls in clouds (difference in warm air and cold water). Inland, where I live, it is sunny much of the time, and just gloriously beautiful. I live on Puget Sound, an inland waterway, and bay, and it doesn't have that effect here. The Olympic Mountain Range is between us and the ocean, and it is a strong barrier. On the East, is the Cascade Mountain Range, and we are in an area that contains very mild weather all year. Once in awhile, an Arctic mass slips in through Canada, and we get a major blizzard, but those are rare.

I am familiar with that depression you mention too. They call is SAD, Seasonal Affective Disorder. In the Northern regions, the days are shorter, and here, they are grayer, so it is very common. I know people with it too.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)

• Princess
    Princess

OOOOO, a party? Wasa, rollercoaster, Mulan anyone else in the PNW want to get together?

Princess

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

HAHAHHAAHHAHHAHHA well I'm just LOVIN' IT DOWN HERE .

Hey just be glad your not out in that weather in service

Ven

"Injustice will continue until those who are not affected by it are as outraged as those who are."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit