local cong to handle all pioneer additions and deletions

by seeking help 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Masterji
    Masterji

Correct. The pioneers will be appointed by the Service Committee. Then the information will be sent to the Society.

The letter was read last night.

M

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

I know this is off topic but Masterji's comment just reminded me of another reason to avoid meetings - there are more blame fool 'letters' read at these meetings than anything else. BORING, BORING, BORING.

Good thread, though! Interesting to see how everything falls into place once you realize the bottom line is covering their collective ass, legally. It's always about the money.

• minimus
    minimus

I think Sir's comments are dead on.

• minimus
    minimus

I was thinking how glad I am that I'm not an elder. I think of the possible liability that the elders have vs. the WBTS.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That will also make it easier to threaten to delete someone who is doing things that "might stumble others", because they would be able to make good on it without the hounder-hounder getting involved.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Interesting....

I am a bit surprised to be honest with you.

While everything makes sense as to what is being said, you have the other item, pedophiles. They do not qualify for any privileges. (assuming the congregation elders are interested enough to handle these idiots)

Not that it matters, because local appointments could be reviewed by the CO (or whoever will take on the CO duties assuming the CO's demise as a paid for position is true) but there could be some problems on who meets the qualifications.

On the other hand, if all reg pioneer apps get rubber stamped at the Service Desk, then the GB might be trying to save more money. I knew the brother in charge of the Pioneer Desk. There is some overhead involved for sure, but it didn't seem to be as much as it was for congregation correspondance....

Off the top of my head, I can't see any clear money advantage. Is it purely a liability thing? I guess. I didn't know pioneers were a potential liability....]

If I were a pioneer who didn't get along with my local elders, I would be quaking right now....

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

well I think this is important news - a logical step with hindsight

• yknot
    yknot

I just called a trusted Elder in my KH...... no letter mentioned at Elder meeting (yet).

He said that would make things much easier....... especially if the hours were to be lowered.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

This is confirmed. I spoke to my mom and they read the letter at her service meeting last Tuesday (3/17).

• Spook
    Spook

I didn't see anyone mention this:

I think it may inadvertantly mean less pioneers. If elders can be more fickle in removing a pioneer, they will. They have new power and will be itching to use it without having to worry about answering for it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit