Told 3 Teenage Witness Girls in Grocery Store about JW Child Abuse Suits

by flipper 33 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• flipper
    flipper

I was in the quick check at the grocery store today and 3 teenage witness girls in service dress came behind me in line. I asked them, " Are you ladies dressed up for a graduation or something ? " They replied, " No, we're in our door to door ministry. " I said , " Oh, that's admirable you do that. What organization are you affiliated with ? " They said, " Jehovah's Witnesses. " Then I paused for a minute - I continued, " Well my family are Jehovah's Witnesses , they tried to get me into it but I have some issues with some of their views on things. " One of the girls said, " Yes. That's common. Many people have differences with the witnesses. "

Then I got down to brass tax. I asked them ," Were you aware that the WT society settled a child abuse lawsuit out of court with 16 witness children victims in November of 2007 ? " They looked astonished . " No, we hadn't heard of that , " they replied. I continued, " It was reported on NBC nightly news in November of 2007 with Brian Williams and they reported these pedophiles traveled from congregation to congregation reoffending again and again. And victims and their families were told by the elders not to report the abuse to police authorities. " I paused as they listened. I continued, " I wanted you to be informed about this so if you hear about this happening - you can protect yourselves against this. The Catholic church went public in the media acknowledging this problem in their religion - so I wanted you to be aware it has happened in the witnesses as well. " They said, " Thank you for telling us this. We appreciate it. "

So I let it sink in as I checked out my groceries - then got one last shot in . I said," You guys have a great day. And please , if you hear of child abuse happening in your congregations - never let ANYBODY tell you that you shouldn't report it to the police. It's a felony crime which should ALWAYS be reported. " They looked intently at me and said, " Yes. We agree. We sure will do that. " Then I bid them a good day and left.

So I hope these young ladies will look it up on the NBC news site to see that I was telling the truth. I tried to approach it as an unbelieving relative with witnesses in it - so they would give me a hearing ear. I think it worked. Time will tell. I hope they think about what I said so they will ponder on how their witness organization handles child abuse. So- What do you folks think ? Look forward to your thoughts. Peace out to all, Mr. Flipper

• cawshun
    cawshun

Hi Flipper, I think it was a very good thing to do, especially the part about going to the police and it being a fleony not to report it. If nothing else, they need to know that much for their own protection againt those perverts.

I hope they do a research, if they go to their parents about it, maybe the parents will start to research it on the internet. If not the parents, maybe one of the girls will research it and spread the word.

I'm glad you had an oppourtunity to get the message out to them. Good Job

cawshun

• cawshun
    cawshun

Hi Flipper, I think it was a very good thing to do, especially the part about going to the police and it being a fleony not to report it. If nothing else, they need to know that much for their own protection againt those perverts.

I hope they do a research, if they go to their parents about it, maybe the parents will start to research it on the internet. If not the parents, maybe one of the girls will research it and spread the word.

I'm glad you had an oppourtunity to get the message out to them. Good Job

cawshun

• cawshun
    cawshun

sorry about the double post.

• PanzerZauberei
    PanzerZauberei

Two thumbs up!

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

This reminds me of my last email to my best girlfriend in the organization.

I emailed her about the NBC story and said I just wanted her to give her a heads up as she might hear about it door-to-door and could be prepared.

If the Society really wanted to come clean about this, they would not let their evangalizers go out unprepared on this matter. I wish those teenagers would write the society and

ask them whats up with this? You could have let us know what the hell is going on, if you want us to be loyal to you, you need to be loyal to us! Of course there is no Reasoning from the Scriptures on this.

kudos flipper,

purps

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Great job, Flipper. Probably the smartest part of all was posing as an unbelieving relative. Let's hope those seeds of doubt you planted continue to grow.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

I bumped into a study from about 20 years ago. She almost got baptized but didn't. Later she bacame a pentecostal, got baptized and all. Well an elder in a local congregation has retired and started auxillary pioneering. She told me that he has been calling on her at her home after witnessing to her in the street recently. She says she doesn't really want him calling but feels impolite to say so. Well by the time we'd finished talking she decided she was going tell him straight that she was very happy in her own religion and would he please stop calling.

An encounter with another friend of a friend, she is only 28, was a little more unsettling. This young lady used to study (never got baptized or went in the ministry). She loved the family atmosphere and the morality of JWs. She wants to go back for those reasons as she now has a child. She doesn't believe in the committment aspect and is sure she would never commit to it. In the end we all decided to visit the hall together now and then as she lives nearby. Hoping that mainstreaming is around the corner

• observador
    observador

Flipper,

thanks for sharing that. I like the way you put it to the girls. The way you delivered the message sounds much more out of concern than out of anger with the religion. It fits well in what I believe is the best approach to deal with the witnesses, i.e., being non-confrontational.

Bite and blow. Now bite. Blow a little more. Repeat.

Thanks.

Observador.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Hopefully, that means three less witlesses in the 2008-09 circus reports.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit