Resume help

by loosie 20 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

You can also press the "Alt" key while typing 130 to make an "é"! Old news for many, I'm sure.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

a lot of characters are combinations of characters. if there is one in particular use a lot, you can create your own shortcut combo In Word 2007 go to the menu bar, choose Insert tab, go to the Symbol on the ribbon (far right usually) and click on the bottom choice... More Options...this will bring up the Symbol dialogue box... either choose the character or if you want to create your own combo hit the shortcut key. After that you only need to do the key combo not all the rest.

that certification had to be worth something...

Snakes ()

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Personally I think this looks better to me:

2002-2007 and 10-key

But I don't know what the officially accepted way is.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I agree the way you have it looks better..and the 10-key (no space) is always right. the date thing has gotten a little fluid in recent years. Also the type of font affects how it looks and how close the spacing of the characters are.

I have an older style book (4th edition Gregg..1996)....I need to get an updated one.

Snakes ()

• I quit!
    I quit!

This might be slightly off the subject but you might want to check out the book "What Color is your Parchute"? A lot of info on the best ways to look for a job and not waste your time. Also Google the website for this book.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

e' e" 'e e'.... e' can't get it on top of the e.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    I could not believe it, dashes won though, I was for dots.

Everyone knows you use dashes--and parenthesis around the area code.

• loosie
    loosie

You guys crack me up.... ---- Thanks

• heyfea
    heyfea

Hi Loosie,

This is how they have it on Microsoft 2003 sample template:

1985–1990 Ferguson and Bardwell South Ridge, SC

District Sales Manager

§ Increased regional sales from $25 million to $350 million.

§ Managed 250 sales representatives in 10 Western states.

§ Implemented training course for new recruits — speeding profitability.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Get a copy of a recent issue of "The Chicago Manual of Style." Its the bible for such things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit