GB Member says....

by Kosonen 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

For all the prayers for peace when there are wars, for all the prayers for healing where there are illnesses,

for all the prayers for the relief of strife and sorrow not one has been answered in all of human history.....

...ummmm its like there never were any gods in the first place.

But there surely has been many men who have said they speak in behalf of the gods.

Interesting isn't ?

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

If we are to go with the bible, why is praying for peace a bad thing? Isn't that the ultimate in God's will? That he will bring peace and good will to all men who love Him? God's will be done and all that. If all humanity is one day united in faith, then world peace would be the goal of those who want God as king of the earth (or so they say).

The sooner there IS peace on earth means that, for the Christian, the sooner God is in FULL control of it, right? I would pray for that.

And my paths with not be peaceful if my neighbor is warring. So, it is in my interest to be interested in the community peace of the place I live. Christians are everywhere,right?

Do JWs forsee NO peace on earth to men of goodwill? (In God's favor?)

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Hello old friend Minimus - I'm in. I was in, then very critical, then sort of a "Staffordian", and now? In - in the sense that I am very much sticking with the Bible, defending what is defendable from a Bible viewpoint, and letting all the other stuff and all the other personalities mind their own business. I am living my own life, I am not vocal about certain things; I am talking about things I can defend and keeping quiet about other things, and I do not allow other people to influence me or be important to me. I slip slide away from certain things and I am vocal and talkative about purely Bible "stuff". I comment eagerly at the Bible reading, occationally on other topics and rarely on topics I do not approve of.

And, Minimus, old friend - I survive, I survive, and I have found my space where I can keep my conscience clean.

Want to know more? Or is it OK?

Take care, TOH

• minimus
    minimus

I wanna know more, TOH.

• minimus
    minimus

Do you really believe in the Faithful Slave doctrine?? If so, how can you? If not, why stay?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit